• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I can certainly say that during the past 50 years, America has sunk itself in to a proverbial death trap.

Should get back to the original desires, contitutionality that made America so great.

(CNN) -- Census workers are in the final stages of going door-to-door to complete the 2010 U.S. census, but some experts are looking further to the future to explore the way Americans work, live and identify themselves.

In his new book "The Next Hundred Million: America in 2050," Joel Kotkin offers thoughts on what the census will reveal in the next 40 years, including how migration patterns, population dynamics and cultural diversity will come to shape the portrait of the American landscape.

CNN spoke to Kotkin recently on what he says is a lot more change to come. Here is an edited transcript:

CNN: You claim that "the majority in the United States becomes nonwhite by 2050." The current census has stirred up much controversy in terms of race relations and how we as Americans choose to identify ourselves. How will the nation's ethnic makeup differ in relation to today?

Joel Kotkin: There's going to be a very diverse minority population with large amounts of interracial marriage. What we'll see is that the Anglo-Saxon population will no longer be the majority. I believe the mixed-race population will grow the fastest because compared to the past, interracial relationships are increasingly tolerated and considered OK by a large percent of the younger generations. It's no longer strange to see a black and white couple at a restaurant together today. Yet someone visiting from the 1960s would be shocked.

CNN: Will negative factors like discrimination because of race be eliminated in the future?

Kotkin: I think the racial issue will always be there. Race won't disappear, but it won't be the marker it was at one time. I think that people have a different attitude now. You don't see the kind of concern for racial classifications that we once had. [President] Obama's election was a major turning point in America in defining that. I believe the current attitude will have a cascading effect of all varieties.

CNN: How do you believe Americans will identify themselves in 2050? By categories of race or just as Americans?

Kotkin: I'm almost sure that these categories of racial or ethnic identification will still be as important as they are now. Historically, people were defined in a binary matter by race. But now more than ever, ethnicity is intertwined with identity and shapes the way people grow, what they believe and their perspectives on a variety of topics. Now, a gay person is the same no matter what race. A conservative is conservative. Thus, these cultural and ethnic backgrounds will be key markers in terms of identity for Americans.

CNN: In your book, you describe how the nation's population will grow to be nearly 400 million people in the next 40 years. How exactly will this happen?

Kotkin: The fact is that there will be more people in the future because of longevity. People are going to start living longer, immigration will be more feasible in the future, and the United States will have a slightly higher fertility rate than other countries. This will mean more people to count in terms of the census and perhaps considering alternative ways to get that work done.

CNN: Your book also describes the idea of America becoming more energy efficient. That's hard to believe with all the current energy and environmental issues affecting our nation today.

Kotkin: We are going to have to deal with the energy issue -- I think people just need to be able to see a clear solution that makes some sort of sense. Just look at how far we've come. We've invested billions of new transit systems all over the country, and that's more since 1980. By 2050, most people between the ages of 30 and 70 are going to want to live in single-family homes and [drive] more energy-efficient cars.

CNN: Will people be traveling less? Is that how we will contribute to bettering our energy situation?

Kotkin: Yes. A lot more people will be working at home or closer to home. This is why suburbs will become the new centers of movement and grounds for change. This is the only real way to deal with it -- trying to tell people that they have to give up their houses, backyards, cars, and live like their grandparents is not a winning solution. Especially when the people pushing for this method, like Al Gore and Prince Charles, live infinitely larger than they could ever imagine living.

CNN: So cities will become obsolete? They will no longer be the hub of our planets?

Kotkin: Well, if you look at the current status now, 90 percent of jobs are outside of the central core of cities. They won't be completely obsolete -- by 2050, cities will still play a symbolic role in terms of culture, amenities and sports, but they will no longer be one of the dominant places where people live and work.

CNN: You also describe how the U.S. will become more economically competitive in the future. How do you -- this to Americans who have seen our current economy slide downward into a recession and aren't convinced about this prediction?

Kotkin: The U.S. has relatively younger demographics, which gives it a competitive advantage. This nation attracts people from all over the world, and that's what gives it global advantage; we have the potential to be energy sufficient. We are the only advanced country with a growing population, agricultural surplus, lots of raw materials, significant domestic energy. The nation is entrepreneurial in culture and has a reasonably stable political system. That doesn't mean that the U.S. will be a hegemonic global power, but I believe the economic condition, due to these factors, will definitely improve in the future and the census will reflect that.

CNN: Your claims show a positive outcome for the nation amidst all the current issues in the world: war, political instability, the oil spill, lack of resources, unemployment, global warming. What should Americans consider in terms of making these changes happen by 2050?

Kotkin: The U.S. has many great advantages going into the next 40 years -- if we do what we need to do. There are serious problems we need to attack in terms of upward mobility and economic growth. If we don't do that and we have a growing population, it will get difficult -- things will get worse and downwardly mobile for the nation.

What will America look like in 2050? - CNN.com

1). Race never disappeared. Entitlement politic's after the 60s,70s.80s, 90s and even now has proven this much.

2). Obama's election did NOT prove anything other than roughly 30-40% of White, 80% of Jews, 90+% of minorities (black, asian, latino) voted for Obama, and bet it was because of Race.

2b). Obama's election, has spurred a surge throughout the Pro-European American communities.

3). Immigration more feasible? Do they mean Amnesty?
    Or this
    3b). North Miami Mayor Invites 55,000 Haitians to Settle in his City
    Link2

My question is, why wont the U.S. encourage some real victims, like the Boers, who are currently experiencing a Genocide??? One can wonder :rolleyes:

4). Fertility amongst those Caucasian descent are next to zero compared to minorities. The era of big, giant Christian families is over. In America the average size of a family is 2.5 kids and usually less, in Europe it's 1.5; In Paris, France People of African descent contribute a staggering 50% of the births:n00b:

Some may look at this and think "beautiful; Diversity, multiculturalism."

Nevermind multiculturalism has NEVER historically worked out - EVER. And you cant spell Diversity with out DI(E).

This folks is what you call a hostile take over. Thank mommy and pappy for selling out America and the prosperity.

I think it's high time we embrace the suck, and push harder for our ultimate destruction.

One question I want to know, when Euro-Americans are no longer the majority, whose going to pay into the system? :rolleyes:

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    You can't just say that only white people pay for everything. Theres just as much a problem of white people abusing the system as minorities, and there is plenty of minorities pulling their share as well. All your post sounds like to me, is that you are being just as racist as you are accusing the politics of being.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    There has always been migration of peoples and social upheaval. We are in the most recent of a series of waves of immigration that have come to this part of the world.

Viewing the world in terms of race instead of people is a mistake. Within the last century there was discrimination against both the Irish and the Italians (along with a lot of other so called "Euro-Americans") Adopting an us vs. them mentality only compounds the problem. Like any other period in history the Strong, the Smart and the Lucky will succeed where others will fail.

The real problem as I see it is that our government will not enforce our laws with regards to illegal immigration. I don't care who comes here to take a shot at the American dream as long as they do it by the numbers.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You can't just say that only white people pay for everything. Theres just as much a problem of white people abusing the system as minorities, and there is plenty of minorities pulling their share as well. All your post sounds like to me, is that you are being just as racist as you are accusing the politics of being.
    I don't think he is being racist. If you live in a big city, you see the projects full of blacks on welfare. I you live in a suburb, or small community, you see trailer parks full of whites on welfare. What we have really yet to see are ethnic "villages" on welfare. But I see it coming. (May be already here in places like California and the southwest)

I'd like to see the stats of ethnicity on welfare. I think it would back up what the OP is trying to portray.

White people will become the minority.

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    I don't think he is being racist. If you live in a big city, you see the projects full of blacks on welfare. I you live in a suburb, or small community, you see trailer parks full of whites on welfare. What we have really yet to see are ethnic "villages" on welfare. But I see it coming. (May be already here in places like California and the southwest)

I'd like to see the stats of ethnicity on welfare. I think it would back up what the OP is trying to portray.

I wish I had your physic powers so that I could win the lotto. I didn't know all you had to do was drive through an area to know everyone in that areas job or the lack there off. Futhermore, how can whites be paying more of the bill and still be the minority at the same time?? You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I'd like to see all form of welfare disapear. then and only then can the world truely correct itself. by that i mean, we make it so people who are a drain and worthless to society, and most of their ofspring are worthless too, we make it to where they thrive and keep reproducing! SHAME.

Quit giving handouts to people who dont help themselves and eventualy they will get what fate is gonna givem. NO MATTER WHAT RACE!!!

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    When the 2010 Census comes out we'll have a better view of where the white,black and hispanic races stand in the U.S. I've heard for years that, soon we will be a minority here in the U.S Might be this time,we'll find out soon. I think what 360 was saying,you can get a pretty goog idea,be just observing your surroundings. Just like when I go to Walmart and 1/2 the people in there dont speak English.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd like to see all form of welfare disapear. then and only then can the world truely correct itself. by that i mean, we make it so people who are a drain and worthless to society, and most of their ofspring are worthless too, we make it to where they thrive and keep reproducing! SHAME.

Quit giving handouts to people who dont help themselves and eventualy they will get what fate is gonna givem. NO MATTER WHAT RACE!!!

Thats what I have been saying.One of my biggest gripes is having to pay for other peoples kids to go to school.Make everyone pay there fair share.Why should i have to pay taxes for public schools when my kids went to private schools? Talk about walfare.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    There wont be an america in 20 years, much less 50 years.
    people have said that for over 200 years. i hope they are as wrong now as they have been in the past.

I hope America doesnt continue down its current path, the path taken by those who wish to destroy it. But I hope we can find our way back to the principles this nation was founded on. America is a becon to the world of what CAN BE! Just by existing, America has bettered the world because we force all those being oppressed to question "why?". And we force those doing the oppressing to look over their shoulders and think twice. And that is miraculous and Awe inspiring.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI

All you are really doing is agreeing with me. Re-read my post and then look at yours. Also, your post as well as mine are contradictory to the OP who seems to believe all 'Euro-Americans' foot the bill for all minorities. I live right next to Gary and have spent plenty of time working there on a private ambulance service. I saw daily the people who use and abuse the system entirely unnecessarily. And you know what? Its not just blacks, its white and mexicans and everyone that does it. At the same time, all the different ethnicities participate in this country as tax paying hard working citizens. You can't just lump white people as working and everyone else as a drain on society. Thats simply not how it works and since the OP seems to believe that it IS how it works, i wanted to explain why i think differently.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I wish I had your physic powers so that I could win the lotto. I didn't know all you had to do was drive through an area to know everyone in that areas job or the lack there off. Futhermore, how can whites be paying more of the bill and still be the minority at the same time?? You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.
    Winning the lotto wont do you any good, especially if you can't read.

You have a lot to learn, because yes you CAN be the pimp and prostitute at the same time.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Can someone please tell me what a "white" person is?

From northern Europe. They can't be German, Italian, Irish, from Southern or Eastern Europe, or from France.

For an interesting read see [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Whiteness-Different-Color-European-Immigrants/dp/0674951913/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278276332&sr=1-1"]Whiteness of a Different Color[/ame].

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

A study was done on this, here's the link

Here is some statistic's regarding welfare.

What is the race percentage for welfare recipients?

Based on the 2006 TOTAL population of each respective race in the United States, it is:

5.27% white* (5.27% of the white population is on welfare)

27.78% black* (27.78% of the black population is on welfare)

11.47% Hispanic* ** (11.47% of the Hispanic population is on welfare)

Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:

39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients

38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000

17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000

WikiAnswers - What is the race percentage for welfare recipients

As you can see a welfare is made up by a majority of Euro-Americans. TheStudy dives deeper into why, and how long lasting the benefit of welfare, it's quite an interesting article.

TAX FOUNDATION

June 9, 2005
    Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

Race or Ethnicity
    The racial or ethnic composition of the 42.5 million non-payers roughly mirrors the demographics of American tax filers as a whole. For example, white Americans are 83 percent of total taxpayers, and the percentage of zero-tax filers who are white is 79 percent. African Americans are roughly 13 percent of total taxpayers and 16 percent of zero-tax filers. Asian Americans comprise 3.6 percent of total taxpayers and 3.2 percent of zero-tax filers.

That said, the percentage of non-payers within each ethnic or racial group does vary: 28.6 percent of Asian Americans tax filers get back every dollar withheld, 31.1 percent of white American tax filers will owe nothing, and 41.7 percent of African Americans will file a tax return with no liability.

Absent from these categories are Hispanic Americans. Within Census data, race and ethnic Hispanic origin are not comparable concepts because a Hispanic individual can be of any race. As a result, Hispanics Americans must be considered separately from racial characteristics. Hispanics make up 15 percent of the 42.5 million individuals or households that paid no income taxes in 2004. In contrast, they made up roughly 10 percent of all 131 million taxable American households.

The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow

As you can see, it is the Euro-American population proping the "System up". It's the sustainability of "The System" which is at risk in the future.

You want a decent over-view of America of the future, look at South Africa, Zimbabwe
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jan/14/haiti-quake-aid-pledges-country-donationshttp://www.newsweek.com/2009/02/13/fleeing-from-south-africa.html
    South Africa under apartheid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And before I start hearing comments about how evil South African Aparthied was, read this:
    Are Israel and apartheid South Africa really different?

You can look at a number of African colonies, which were highly industerial, pioneering, since the cease of colonial rule, Africa took a major plunge, into genocide, chaos undesirable war for ultimately ridiculous reasons.

Welfare provision in the contemporary world tends to be more advanced in countries with stronger developed economies. Poor countries tend to have limited resources for social services. There is very little correlation between economic performance and welfare expenditure.[33]
    There are individual exceptions on both sides, but as the table below suggests, the higher levels of social expenditure in the European Union are not associated with lower growth, lower productivity or higher unemployment, nor with higher growth, higher productivity or lower unemployment. Likewise, the pursuit of free market policies leads neither to guaranteed prosperity or social collapse. The table shows that countries with more limited expenditure, like Australia, Canada and Japan do no better or worse economically than countries with high social expenditure, like Belgium, Germany and Denmark. The table does not show the effect of expenditure on income inequalities, and does not encompass some other forms of welfare provision (such as occupational welfare). Overall, there is a slight positive correlation between increased spending on social services and higher GDP per capita as well as higher HDI rating.
    The table below shows, first, welfare expenditure as a percentage of GDP for some (selected) OECD member states, with and without public education,[34] and second, GDP per capita (PPP US$) in 2001:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_state

Interesting.

One of the major disputes amongst Western Europeans, but especially Scandinavians is that the asylum seekers (which is Muslims from the M.E. or Africans) abuse the welfare system, which is put in place a social protection.

Thanks to the E.U.:rolleyes:

Greatestsin, I understand your side, but the world isnt all the liberal fluff it's been made out to be.
    Politic's/policies in America are incredibly racist, but especially toward those of Euro-American descent.

Explain how Affirmative Action, Quota hires, and quota admissions are NOT racist toward people of Euro-American descent, even Public School is highly anti-EuroAmerican?:rolleyes:

Explain to me why little Suzzy Q cannot get into Harvard because of her skin.
    Or how a Corporation can regulate someones profession based not on performance but skin?:rolleyes:

Or maybe you'd care to explain why historical inaccuracies regarding slavery in America are promoted, in slants against Euro-Americans to pervert Euro-American Guilt - When the truth is told, we find very little cause to "blame" just white Americans?:rolleyes:

Or perhaps you'll want to explain why A.G. Holder has stated that under the protection/benefit of Hate Crime laws, Euro-Americans will NOT be protected?:rolleyes:

Or maybe you could explain why play the race card on Euro-Americans, where there is legitimate concerns of heritage and discrimination?:rolleyes:

Explain why good hearted, regular non-racist Euro-Americans are called "racist, kkk, nazis" etc for opposing illegal immigration?:rolleyes:

It's trotskism, folks - Nothing more or less.

Tyler34

You are correct. "White people" are a minority, globally speaking, making up a total of 8-13% of the world population, out of 6billion + people.

Link
    Link2
    World Population Highlights 2007: Overview of World Population - Population Reference Bureau

With a further decline in fertility, it's exceptional for cause to concern be there, correct?
    Thanks to the E.U & the communist, Europe is facing a similar problem as America as far as shifts in demographic's.
    French President Sarkozy has proven this much with his "métisser" speech.
    I dont expect Americans to understand what the French word means, but here is the gist.

métisser > pratiquer le croisement de races > English translation - Practice the crossing of races.

This idea is the exact opposite of what Hitler desired with his "pure" Aryan race agenda. Sarkozy desires a mixed racial people of in Europe.

And if you are against it, you get time in Jail, atleast according to this official E.U. document.

Building the World State II: Sarkozy Will Enforce Hitler´s Ideas of Making a Master Race

Que, to answer your question.

White people (in American English also Caucasian) is a term which usually refers to human beings characterized, at least in part, by the light pigmentation of their skin. Rather than a straightforward description of skin color, the term white also functions as a color term for race, often referring narrowly to people with European ancestry.
    The definition of a "white person" differs according to geographical and historical context, and various social constructions of whiteness have had implications in terms of national identity, consanguinity, public policy, religion, population statistics, racial segregation/affirmative action, eugenics, racial marginalization and racial quotas. The concept has been applied with varying degrees of formality and internal consistency in disciplines including: sociology, politics, genetics, biology, medicine, biomedicine, language, culture, and law.
    A common definition of a "white person" is a person of primarily, or wholly, European ancestry.[1] However, the term is sometimes used more broadly,[weasel words] so that it becomes similar to the concept of the Caucasian race or Caucasoid people, which includes people with ancestry from the Middle East, North Africa, Greater Iran, South Asia, and parts of Central Asia, who share certain physiological characteristics and genetics with Europeans beyond skin colour.

White people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Caucasian race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A survey, taken in 1985 (Lieberman et al. 1992), asked 1,200 American anthropologists how many disagree with the following proposition: "There are biological races in the species Homo sapiens." The responses were:

The figure for physical anthropologists at PhD granting departments was slightly higher, rising from 41% to 42%, with 50% agreeing. This survey, however, did not specify any particular definition of race (although it did clearly specify biological race within the species Homo sapiens); it is difficult to say whether those who supported the statement thought of race in taxonomic or population terms.
    The same survey, taken in 1999,[82] showed the following changing results for anthropologists:

Race (classification of human beings) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Im curious why do you ask?

P.S. Greatestsin, do you find something conflicting or racist about stating facts, which may not favor the communist agenda?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    From northern Europe. They can't be German, Italian, Irish, from Southern or Eastern Europe, or from France.

For an interesting read see Whiteness of a Different Color.

That was a pure nordicist comment, and highly untrue. And bears little claim to historical truths, IMO.

The English in the Uk were very tyrannical toward the Celtic people, as is proven by the enslavement, genocide and population redistrobution.

The statisticism of the term Race, has changed undoubtedly thanks to politic's but also thankfully to Science.

Historically, there has been just as much Anti pale skinned "Nordic" appearance, Some Romans and Greek historians proves this much.

Since the 1800s there has roughly been a reverse in the trend, as we can clearly see.
    But even this is debunked with the Spanish Conquistadors, who made contact with the early Amerindian people, the Aztecs.

In which the Aztecs believed the prophercy of they're Blonde, blue eyed, paled skinned Gods were coming back; Such myth is prevelent amongst nearly all centeral Amerindian populations.

So much for your nordicism comment.:rolleyes:

Nevermind that many Roman historians could not tell the differences between Celts, Germanic and Scythian(Iranic), once again, so much for the comment.

:laugh:

Nordicism is nothing more than White supremacism on steroids and bares no truth historically, atleast IMO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Just to be clear. There is some issue of Race in my O.p.

But in the article is was extremely praise worthy of the new News.

My point is yes, the discrimination against Euro-Americans, but also I dont want witness America turn into another 3rd world heck hole. Google dedroit and you wont be able to tell parts of it from Nations which carry buckets of water to they're home from the river.

That is my point; It's quite obvious America is falling from it's grace, and alot of the burden, economically, I speculate rests upon the "entitlement politic's" but also the strain the illegal immigration is causing, as proven by the 3 President kicking illegals out thread on INGO, which obviously proved that after the boot was given, Economic heaven was allotted to America.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The possessive form of their is still "their," not "they're."

Apostrophes are still used for possessives, NOT for plurals. "Statistics," NOT "statistic's."

I take anything you say or any thread you start with a grain of salt if simple English is beyond you, especially when this has been pointed out to you numerous times. Any so called "truths" from "history" that are given in your own words, I suspect are half-truths and or lies you read from someone else who agrees with you.

Top Bottom