• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    I dropped my 2009 buck rack today and the skull plate split right down the middle! its not a real nice rack but still I am pretty bummed out about it. I put JB weld on it and it is curing now but I am not sure if this will be a good fix or not. I was wondering if anyone knew a good fix for this problem?

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Im trying to make sure I understand. After breaking, did you have one antler in each hand? So the chunk of skull in the middle split right?

If im reading this right, maybe you could buy one of those mounting kits. Just an inexspensive wood plaque and you mount the antlers on it. Might fix the problem and make the set up look better?!?! However, I could have read the whole thing wrong....

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    yea the skill completely separated and when i picked it up I had one antler in each hand, not connected together. the plague might be the way to go, but I was wanting to repair the skull plate if possible

Last edited:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    You might be able to put a small flat peice of metel behind the plate and then put a couple small screws in it. I guess it depends how deep the skull is.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    I think the JB weld worked pretty good, not sure how long it will last but seems to be a really strong bond. I am sure a taxidermist would laugh at this.

o873ae.jpg

2wp7cro.jpg

2hgelpk.jpg

Top Bottom