Michigan DNR sportcards

I was going through my wallet today, throwing out stuff I no longer used or things that had expired and I came across an old MIDNR sportcard. these sportcards are basically permits for non-residents to purchase hunting licences. I know MI hunting licences must be purchased seasonally, but I can't find it on there website whether the sportcards must be purchased annually or if they don't ever expire. I can't see an expiration date or a term length (eg "24hrs") on the card itself, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

has anyone had experience with these cards before? anyone know whether they must be purchased annually with the licence or not?

cliffnotes: My google-fu is weak. do MI DNR sportcards expire?
    When the time has come to bury your guns, the time has come to dig them up. ~Anon.

IIRC they do not expire.
    Need gear and accessories?
    Click---> Indiana Supply Depot

Originally Posted by samrothstein01 http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    As much as I hate to admit it, I trust Cwood's expertise.
    Originally said by Jeff the waiter http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    No one puts Baby in the corner!

Expert
    I go salmon fishing in Michigan every year and have gone for the last 17 or so. Each year I would forget my non-expiring Sportsman's Card and would have to pay a dollar for a new one for the privelege of buying their annual non-resident fishing license. The first year that I remembered fo take it up was the year that former governor Engler changed things a little and added an extra digit to the Sportsman's Card number and everyone had to buy a new one for a dollar. I have used that same card for the last several years and make sure that I have it with me before I leave for Michigan. It does not have an expiration date.

Marksman
    Definitely hold onto it, it's still worth a dollar bill to you every time you purchase a seasonal hunting / fishing license.

They do not expire. The only time you need a new one is if you move, change your name or lose the old one.
    Remember, under MI rules you are supposed to have your sportcard and ID with you in addition to the license.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy219 View Post
    I'll go... But then again, I'll go either way.

Originally Posted by xfrostybeersx
    Hey now I'm on top of Larry!

ok, thats what I thought to be the case. Thanks guys!

When the time has come to bury your guns, the time has come to dig them up. ~Anon.