Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

HOG HUNTING NORTHERN INDIANA

Anyone know of a good location? Preferably public land, WMA or park system.

Wild/feral hogs? I pray they never make it here! They will destroy my pastures, pond banks as well as bring in disease to my domestic hogs.
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

To the best of my knowledge, we don't have them in Northern Indiana. I hear of them in a few locations in the southern part of the State, but nothing in the North. Maybe I should say - yet...

Expert
    I think the only places that hogs are found in Indiana is around Bedford and in Warrick Co, all on private property. Though I could be wrong about that. I hear access is next to impossible.
    On another note I hear Ken Moody's operation in central Tenn. is pretty good.

Plinker
    Thanks all. About the closest I can find is Kentucky. It's such a hassle to go all the way to Texas.

Marksman
    They do damage down here in Bedford. It wouldn't cost you much to put an ad in our paper offering to help farmers out, at no charge to them, in removing their hog problem. You would probably get one or two to invite you down.

Marksman
    Georgia quail plantations have year-long contracts with hog eradicators. You can shoot them all day long down there, no tags & no limits. I do not know if they will ever get the feral hog situation down there under control unless we see another depression. Then it will take a decade.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler and Handgun View Post
    Anyone know of a good location? Preferably public land, WMA or park system.
    There's publicly owned land all over northern Indiana and just over run with wild hogs. It's a secret program grain farmers use to get tax payer support but it's all kind of secret. Only politicians and executive level Farm Bureau executives know about it. You can recognize the public land by the Farm Bureau sign telling all the regular taxpayers to stay off but those signs hold no weight of law because it's really owned by the public. So long as you are openly carrying a hand gun the 2nd amendment gives you the right to hunt there.

You might try putting an ad in the paper around Ft Wayne or Chicago for private land to hunt them. Land owners just don't have clue or time to go out and kill them all and with ammunition being so expensive you would be doing them a favor. You may even get neighbors in to a bidding war to see who will pay you the most to get you to kill a few for them. At least they could give you gas money since you could just as easily hunt the Farm Bureau public land in northern Indiana.

I think they have a public wild hog hunt at the Dunes state park. You might stop in at the park office. You have ask for the manager and when he comes out wink and offer to shake hands with your LEFT hand so he will know you are in on the secret.

Marksman
    Are we out of purple ink, Jack?

Do I smell scotch, Jack?
    "I don't eat brownies, but Gertrude Stein is my bartender..."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast