Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Plinker
    a good head shot for fun, or when I want to thin the flock I wait till night and they're on the roost. Just walk up in the dark. Turn them upside down and tuck under arm and hold feet with other hand. When upside down blood rush's to their "pea" brain and they're pretty docile.

my roosters decided they were going to fight all night last night so i decided to go ahead and take care of business. the one i liked the least was walking around in the dark because my other one had beat him up pretty good. i just used a big stick and smacked him right in the neck. he hit the ground, legs kicked for 10-15 seconds and it was over.
    If your in need of some local custom kydex holsters or sheaths give me a shout. here is a link to some of our work

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    my roosters decided they were going to fight all night last night so i decided to go ahead and take care of business. the one i liked the least was walking around in the dark because my other one had beat him up pretty good. i just used a big stick and smacked him right in the neck. he hit the ground, legs kicked for 10-15 seconds and it was over.
    Are you having fried chicken for lunch today?
    Do not "skid and skedaddle", if proper tools are at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRW View Post
    A 0.22 caliber 21 grain hunting pellet (H&N Barracuda) in a spring piston airgun that will shoot them 800 fps (Beeman RS2 combo, $100 at Walmart) will kill them no problem. Standard 0.177 pellets are about 8 grains, standard .22 pellets are about 14 grains. These 21 grain rounded point pellets pack a wallop on small crap close up (within 25 yards).

These pellets are terrific on squirrels, lighter ones are good for chipmunks and birds.
    I was looking at the Beeman combo at Walmart this AM. I clams it will send an a .22 pellet 800 fps and reach maximum velocity with one pump! I am very interested! A freind of mine is going to hook me up with a breeding pair of meat bunnies. I am thinking of free ranging those in the back yard as well The wild ones do great back there! I figure if I breed them myself the state can't tell me I have to get a license to hunt or trap them! nor can they tell me what time of year I can do it!

Remids me of a story from my youth...

Youngest brother Tom (age about 12 at the time?) was getting harassed by our big ole rooster whenever he headed out to the barn to feed the flock. He finally got fed up and "accidently" killed him with one shot to the neck from his Crossman pellet gun (He claimed with only 10 pumps?)

At supper table the next day, my mom says "Well, I guess the rooster finally died. I saw it laying out by the barn." Tom just stares down at his plate, not saying a word. My other brother Don then pipes up with "I didn't tell, Tom!"

So that's how my mom found out about it... Good times!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    mine will come to me like that but none will let me grab them. i have 2 roosters and 1 needs to go also. i have heard that roosters taste bad? can anyone confirm this for me?

That's what the pressure cooker is for. Roosters are delicious when pressure cooked to tender perfection and made into chicken and noodles.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5