Illegal to hunt with a rifle in Indiana??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    I have heard so many people complaining that they can't hunt with a high power rifle in Indiana. The only thing you can't hunt with a rifle is deer. You can legally hunt all fur bearers, coyote, fox, rabbit, squirrel, etc...with any legal rifle or ammo. I have heard rumors about them changing that for deer in the future too.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I heard they were going to stop issuing Lifetime LTCH in Indiana.

I've heard the Obama administration is going to outlaw all private firearms sales.

I've heard alligator tastes like chicken.

I've also heard there are still people that believe the earth is flat.

They don't call them "rumors" for nothin'.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    obviously there are some out there that don't know they can hunt with a rifle, that is all I am saying

Welcome to the gun culture, pops.

Stick around and you'll hear all kinds of nonsense.

Remember, gun guys talking about guns, or ammo, or laws or gun laws is like 8th graders talking about sex. No one really knows anything about it, but they saw a movie in 5th grade and an older cousin told them about it once.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    so, for us uninformed, what am i allowed/not allowed to shoot with my AR?
    i have always been curious to this and just really havent given it much thought until coming across this thread

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I have heard so many people complaining that they can't hunt with a high power rifle in Indiana. The only thing you can't hunt with a rifle is deer. You can legally hunt all fur bearers, coyote, fox, rabbit, squirrel, etc...with any legal rifle or ammo. I have heard rumors about them changing that for deer in the future too.

rifle is legal for deer, just limited to 1.8 case length..

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

Remember, gun guys talking about guns, or ammo, or laws or gun laws is like 8th graders talking about sex. No one really knows anything about it, but they saw a movie in 5th grade and an older cousin told them about it once.

You forgot the part about having a girlfriend in Canada!

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Feel free to use a .460 Weatherby Magnum on Chipmunks if you like. You can even use a .577 Nitro Express on Squirrels if that's part of your armament. But don't you dare try and use a 30-30 Winchester on Deer. I really don't care though as long as I can still use my M230 Chain Gun on Rabbits.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Feel free to use a .460 Weatherby Magnum on Chipmunks if you like. You can even use a .577 Nitro Express on Squirrels if that's part of your armament. But don't you dare try and use a 30-30 Winchester on Deer. I really don't care though as long as I can still use my M230 Chain Gun on Rabbits.

Sheeew, I thought i was the only one:D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I need to find some milsurp grenades for my Yugo SKS... then it would not only be good for flushing rabbits, I could take it fishing in small ponds! ;)

got to have a permit for that one..
    IC 14-22-30-1
    Permit requirement
    Sec. 1. A person may not use, set, or discharge dynamite or other explosives in any of the waters of this state without having a permit from the director.
    As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.15.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    got to have a permit for that one..
    IC 14-22-30-1
    Permit requirement
    Sec. 1. A person may not use, set, or discharge dynamite or other explosives in any of the waters of this state without having a permit from the director.
    As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.15.
    Not to mention the permit (is there such a thing?) for having working fragmentation grenades... darned gubment regulations! :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman

You forgot the part about having a girlfriend in Canada!

Ummm, I used California when I was in 8th grade, not Canada.

:laugh:

In the gun culture, unlike 8th grade boys, you use "your friend/my third cousin the cop" or "one time when I was in the Army I done seen".:laugh:

Top Bottom