• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I sure am! I can't wait to get out of this house and drown some nightcrawlers! Where does everybody like to, don't worry, I'm not looking to steal any honey holes. I try to get out to the Owen/Putnam forest a couple times in the spring, decent fishing, but you need a truck to get back to one of the ponds, makes for a quite day of fishing.

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    I cant wait wither. I havent been able to actually go fishing since i moved back to indiana about 5 years ago. so its time to drown some crawler, spin some spinners. Im thinking about getting another fly rod, I havent been fly fishing in years and would love to do it again. I need a new place to go though. I want to travel somewhere north of me for some fishing. lake lemon doesnt sound appealing to me this year for some reason

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    My pontoon is winterized, and ready to go for next year. It helps with 2 large lakes in my back door. Just have to get some help on how to fish deep lakes. I'm more used to fishing shallow areas, but these lakes are over 150' deep with sustainable O2 levels at 50'.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Wow, that's DEEP! I wouldn't even know where to begin at fishing 50' deep! I always found myself fishing around the banks, boat or no boat. Me and dad used to fish the strip pits in clay county a lot, they are deep, but the best fishing was in 6-10' of water.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Wow, that's DEEP! I wouldn't even know where to begin at fishing 50' deep! I always found myself fishing around the banks, boat or no boat. Me and dad used to fish the strip pits in clay county a lot, they are deep, but the best fishing was in 6-10' of water.

I'm from Louisiana, so everything was shallow. I have fished a few pits in Green county and they were deep but like you said, most of the fish we caught were no deeper than 15' or so. The lakes we have are stocked with some canadian species and from what I understand they stay pretty deep. I can see them on the depth finder but do not know how to get them other than a red stick bait. :D

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Tie a nightcrawler to a shotgun slug? I guess if they are Canadian (eh?) they will be more accustomed to the higher o2 levels in the cooler water, and from my understanding, those lakes up there are real deep, the ones my wife and I fished in Michigan were different than the lakes around here, they would go out a couple feet then just drop off, they weren't gradually sloping like a lot of the lakes we have around here.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    My pontoon is winterized, and ready to go for next year. It helps with 2 large lakes in my back door. Just have to get some help on how to fish deep lakes. I'm more used to fishing shallow areas, but these lakes are over 150' deep with sustainable O2 levels at 50'.

Lakes that deep you would probably want to troll them using down riggers at different depths. I have four Invader Series in the garage I am looking to sell.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Lakes that deep you would probably want to troll them using down riggers at different depths. I have four Invader Series in the garage I am looking to sell.
    Tom, neer fished with that type of set up before, it looks interesting for sure. Let me do some research and see if that will work. Can this be set up on a pontoon?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Tom, neer fished with that type of set up before, it looks interesting for sure. Let me do some research and see if that will work. Can this be set up on a pontoon?

You can use them on any boat as long as you have a way to mount them to the back. Our four mounts are bolted to a six foot long 2x8. Depending on what boat we are in we will clamp or bolt it down. It can be easily removed when not in use. I have an add in the classifieds that I just bumped up. Depending on the weather tomorrow I will try to get some pictures of it setup.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I'm ready for it to warm up and get out there. If the stupid ice isn't going to get thick enough to stand on it might as well not be there. Already got my launch sticker for the state but haven't got one for Sullivan lake yet. Ready to try for the musky at Bass Lake. Last year a 48" was caught there.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    fishing

I'm ready too. I got my new fly rod today. Noe, don't know how to fly fish. Also got a new canoe last summer and it was too hot to use it. I have it rigged up with a trolling motor. Do I need to get it registered or anything? I know I have to get a motor permit for park lakes. I think it's around $20 or something.

Jason

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have got a 7wt and a 3 wt fly rod ready to go. I am thinking about making a run to Brookville tailwaters if it warms up some. Never been there but i am ready to try out my 3wt on some trout. Anybody know the stocking dates yet for the rainbows?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Soon...

2012-03-24_16-27-47_972.jpg

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have got a 7wt and a 3 wt fly rod ready to go. I am thinking about making a run to Brookville tailwaters if it warms up some. Never been there but i am ready to try out my 3wt on some trout. Anybody know the stocking dates yet for the rainbows?

Seems like it's the 1st of April. I don't know if they've updated the info on IDNR website for this year yet.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Being Feb. I thought this was an ice fishing thread.I was smoking some crappie until we had those 60 degree temps.I'm ready to get back on the ice.

Haha, nope just me having a case of cabin fever and wanting to sit by the pond in shorts and a Tshirt I stead of standing around with 30 pounds of winter clothes on!

Top Bottom