• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    This year i had my heart set on a bow. Again, more financial problems have rose and I can not get a compound bow. I have looked into it, and there are a couple of crossbows that will fall in the budget. I have it narrowed down to these two, but If there is anything else I am missing, let me know.

arrow precision
    http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Precision-Inferno-Crossbow-175-Pounds/dp/B002HMBJHC
    With this one the fps seems a bit low to me, is that really enough to humanely harvest a deer with? I like the price point much better than the barnett

a barnett jackal
    Amazon.com : Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package (Quiver, 3 - 20-Inch Arrows and Premium Red Dot Sight) : Sports & Outdoors
    This one seems to meet all my needs, but I would prefer something cheaper if possibly.

So let me know what you guys think. I am just going to keep saving for another year to get a compound bow that I really want. I figure once my boy is big enough to hunt he can have the crossbow, or my dad who is getting older. Thanks for any help

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I would spend a little extra and get a recruit or raptor from Barnett. The recruit is around $300 but the dimensions are way better than that of the jackal. I guess the most important question is what draw weight do you need?

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    I'm actually really liking the recruit compound. I think I might get that. The pull back weight really doesn't matter to me, I'm young and I only want to make sure I can put a deer down the right way

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I bought a jackal last year. thing is laser accurate. im comfortable with it to 50 yards. anything past that I would let walk. I shoot heavy arrows from mine.
    I traded the red dot for a regular scope. didn't like the dots. Took a big 8 with mine last year. Got it sighted in and ready to go this year. come on oct 1st.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I wouldn't get anything with a cam on it... excalibur would be the best I believe...

Excalibur NEW Matrix 330

New Excalibur Matrix 330 is Exceptionally Light Weight,
    Perfect for the Hunter Looking for High Performance from an Ultra Compact Crossbow!

The new Matrix 330 from Excalibur is the perfect choice for hunters who want a lightweight, compact, smooth-cocking, easily carried crossbow for those long days afield.

The compact Matrix 330 Specs

Draw weight: 220lbs.
    Power Stroke: 11.37"
    Velocity (@350 grains): 330 FPS
    Stock Style: Ergo-Grip
    Physical Weight: 5.1 lbs.
    Overall Length: 33.87"
    Arrow Length: 18"
    Minimum Arrow Wt: 350 gr.
    Finish: Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity

The Matrix 330 is available only as a package, which also features:
    - A Vari-Zone scope, scope mount and 1-inch rings, and a rope-cocking aid.
    - A four-arrow quiver with bracket, and four Diablo arrows with 150-grain field points.
    Suggested extra accessories to purchase: #2096 Stringing aid, #1992 Matrix string for a spare, #7005 Ex-Lube, #2009 serving wax, #6011 Matrix Case.

MSRP: $799.99* US/CAN

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    oh my gawd, you guys are terrible. i've wanted a bow for years and this has gotten me thinking again about new toys. I'll check out the recommendations and get back with the trek.
    lost

rmasters744

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Wilkinson
    Wicked Ridge bows are decent. My daughter has one and it's plenty fast and not any louder than the average crossbow. I purchased it on Archery Talk for around $400.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Not sure if you know... Don't ever dry fire a bow (fire without an arrow/bolt) I always have to tell the guys asking about bows. My buddy borrowed mine and destroyed it in one shot. I thought he knew better.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Not sure if you know... Don't ever dry fire a bow (fire without an arrow/bolt) I always have to tell the guys asking about bows. My buddy borrowed mine and destroyed it in one shot. I thought he knew better.

Yep... all that stored energy has to go somewhere.. If it is not pushing an arrow it is destroying bows..horizontal or vertical..

Hopefully he reimbursed you...

Top Bottom