• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Urban Zone season is around the corner, youth opener in a couple of weeks and Oct 1 for archery folks.

I figure it's time to get the annual daily chat thread going for the 2014 season.

I entered one of the like/share giveaways you see on Facebook, this one for HHA Sports on Facebook and actually WON!

winning_zps1fc4bd81.png

In the off season, I picked up another ladder and a hangon to replace a couple of ladders I had stolen last year.

What are you doing to get ready for the upcoming seasons?

Last edited:

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Got a new string and sight put on the Mathews a few weeks ago, ironically it's the same HHA you won Hickman! This past Monday, I spent the day bush hogging, clearing trails and hung 3 stands. I'm getting the itch pretty bad this year...

Waiting on my father to get to my house now, we're headed to Lafayette to look at more two man stands.

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    I've been itching bad for a few weeks, I really hope that the cold weather gets here for bow season , I'm hunting a "new" place. I put the "" bc its my girlfriends family farm and this is the 1st year I'm hunting it.
    Going to go scout in the next week and upcoming weeks, I'll try to get some pics posted to see what you guys think.

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    Went to our lease south of Covington and got our cameras and fresh mineral out two weeks ago. Heading back this weekend to check the cameras and stay over. I'm pumped for 10/1.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Spent several Sat or Sun mornings, 2hrs at a time, cutting trails to a couple of stands. Cleaned up a lot around one of our big stands. It had 2 large trees that fell right in front of it and one has been not leaning against the stand but down next to and touching the one leg of the stand. I cut that up. Put on a pc of plywood to block others from using the stand. It is hinged to cover the ladder steps going up. Will put the latch and lock on this weekend.

Still have to go out to other pc of property that I hunt to put up a hang on stand. Will be guessing based on last year's movements as I did not put any cameras out this year due to family issues.

Been working out at the gym to get my back and shoulders back into bow hunting shape. I really need some cardio to be ready for the Brown County SP reserve hunt.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Youth season is 2 weeks from today. Who'd taking a kid out hunting?

I know the Urban Zone guys are chomping at the bit waiting for Monday to get here.

Be sure to post your pics and updates!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I may have permission to hunt a small tract in the urban zone so I'm pretty excited for that. Landowner isn't wild about hunting but she's sick of the deer in her garden and nothing has worked to deter them. We'll see.

My hunting partner and I decided to let our hunting grounds rest until late October. We just don't see much activity in early October. We got all the work done a few weeks back. I relocated a stand that wasn't hitting anything the past couple years to a spot overlooking a pasture in the middle of the woods. Should be good for gun season if nothing presents during bow.

I've been solely focused on shooting a longbow trying to get consistent and confident enough with it to use but I'm leaning towards pulling out the compound and tabling the longbow for next year. I just can't seem to be consistent enough with it.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Purchased a new Bear Attitude and had then gents at Outdoorsman set it up. Shooting some cheap Bass Pro Redhead arrows topped with muzzy trocars and am seeing some of the best accuracy out to 40 yards I have had in two seasons.

Very excited to hop in a tree with some confidence with my setup.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So I did a 3D archery trail for the first time after work Thursday, various targets from 20 to 45 yards. That was a blast and I'll definitely do it again.

Talk about a nice confidence booster right before the season.

Top Bottom