• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The son-inlaw and I are getting in a yote tournament Fri - Sun. The son-inlaw and I should have a good chance to win it I hope, if I don't miss any.... lol , last year it took 4 to win so we should be able to do that and more with all the spots we have ... The bad part is he works days so I have to hunt by myself until he gets off... Should be a good time anyway... Will let ya know how it goes... Wish us luck !

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Thx Mark, we will do our best... There are a couple spots I know that some of the guys in the tournament will hunt that Im hunting at day break on Sat. morning , gonna try to beat them to it, then move on... Will be packing my AR and a shotgun and the ol' trusty FoxPro and the Primos set n spin as a attractant /decoy ...

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Will do if we kill any ? Its gonna be tuff got rain coming Sun. afternoon an evening so we are gonna have to make the best of it Sat.... See how it goes ?

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I always enjoy reading of you guys' yote adventures. We can usually hear a 'pack' yapping and running along our wood line early morning usually 3-6 am. We are collecting some gear to give it a try. Learned alot reading the varmital site.

Post some pics so those of us who cannot get out yet can see what we are missing.

Thanks.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well we didn't win, it took 3 yotes to win... Only 8 yotes total were killed and big yote weighed 40lbs.. There was 12 teams and 29 guys... I would say the weather had a lot to do with it, Sat. it was warm and sunny and Sun. rain then turned to snow.... So maybe next time ? If we could of had some cold weather it might of helped...
    yotes_zpsbltxubva.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    A buddy of mine is a taxidermist and when enough goys want to do one he does it, starts at Fri. at 6pm and ends on Sun. at 7pm (you must be back to his shop by 7pm Sun. to check your yotes in or your disqualified), with no more then 3 man on a team you can't split up to hunt meaning ( you can't hunt one area and someone on your team hunt another) but you can hunt alone if someone on your team has to work or just can't go ect. its $20 per person and upon killing your yote you are given a tongue placement meaning (Left, Right or Center) you use a zip tie to hold the tongue in place.. Know body gets the placement until fri. upon paying and receiving rules sheet... It pays 1st place 2nd place and biggest yote upon a tie it goes buy weight... This is done out of Henry Co. so if you live to far you may just want to get your buddy's together and put on your own... Also you can not trap yotes they all must be shot hunting, any rule violations and you and your team are disqualified... I can get a copy of the rules sheet we use if interested and can send you a copy ? Let me know if you have anymore questions will help all I can...

Top Bottom