• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Spring time garage sales were some of the best sources of gear when I was in college. I still have and use some things I picked up in the early 80's..............some of it was well used even then. Some of it was new.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Spring time garage sales were some of the best sources of gear when I was in college. I still have and use some things I picked up in the early 80's..............some of it was well used even then. Some of it was new.

You sir are not normal, ;) every time I go to Cabellas to get a bag of black plastic worms a new rod and reel follow me home, must be something they pump in the air.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You sir are not normal, ;) every time I go to Cabellas to get a bag of black plastic worms a new rod and reel follow me home, must be something they pump in the air.
    I have not been in a garage sale since college but today I got out a fly rod and reel I picked up back then. I am going to rig it up for Smallies and Pike and see about developing some skills that go beyond bluegills with it.

You can have more than one illness at the same time. Right now my thing is seeing how many hundreds of dollars of custom rods I can get for two digits. In December it might have been about $700 worth for $80. I really don't remember. I guess in a way it is like going to a garage sale. I would post a pic but it might make you people cry and I am not a mean guy.

To the OP, what kind of rod & reel are you looking for?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I'm going to Canana in the middle of August on a black mbear hunt. Since we will only hunt the afternoon/evenings we will have time to fish in the mornings. I have not fished in decades so I literally have no fishing equipment.

Suggestions of what I might want to pick up in the way of rods/reels ? Spinning rather than bait casting, etc. ? I am told I will be able to fish some small lakes and a river. It's my understanding there is an availability for walleye, pike, and maybe a Muskie. Also, any suggestions for crank baits or other artificials ? I don't think we'll have any live bait ( minnows or leaches ) available to us.

Thanks in advance

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is a good choice, with great prices, you just have to put a little energy into looking through all that they have to find a gem or 2.
    I love westside for spinning tackle equipment, currently they have braid for 9.95 a spool which at gander cost 17.95, which is one example of why I like them. It also helps that I can walk to them in about 5 minutes.

Now for fly tackle I use wildcat creek and flymasters and depending on my needs I alternate between them.

Has anyone been to the bait barn as I haven't made my way up to them yet?

Top Bottom