• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    TIME HAS RUN OUT.. NOW THE WAIT BEGINS....

DNR is presenting a meeting on the new proposal.

• Wednesday, March 25, 5:30 p.m. at the DNR Northeast Regional Office, 1353 Governors Dr., Columbia City.
    Public comments can be submitted online at

www.in.gov/nrc/2377.htm

. Locate the “comment on this rule” link in the Rules Docket for the Fish & Wildlife Biennial Rules Amendment Package.

Comments also can be mailed to:
    Natural Resources Commission
    Indiana Government Center South
    100 North Senate Ave., Room N501
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2200

The deadline for submitting public comments is midnight March 25.

State of Indiana - Date/Time View

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Input is over now. It is in the hands of the Natural Resources Commission.. The Administrative Law Judge will be going over all pieces of input and compiling them. She will then issue her recommendation.. Mid May we will know a yes or no for this coming season..

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Don't you really think this is a done deal, they are just being politely correct about it for the public.... I say its a done deal...

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    A little off topic here, but does anyone know why we still haven't seen this last season's harvest report? It seems like it is usually the end of February, very beginning of March that the report comes out?

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    If it is a done deal, someone must know and usually it gets leaked somehow. Anyone seeing the local gun shops bringing in more centerfires or advertising Marlin 44Mag rifles in stock?

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I hope it is a done deal, or the 30/30 I just bought will be useless to me this deer season.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Deet, or maybe it is a more of a reason to try a hunt in Wisconsin or Michigan. I tried the same ploy, bought myself a nice Browning A bolt in 325 WSSM and then explained that it was really better for Elk than deer but after a cost estimate for an elk hunt, the wife put a big stop on that idea, atleast for now.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    A little off topic here, but does anyone know why we still haven't seen this last season's harvest report? It seems like it is usually the end of February, very beginning of March that the report comes out?

Our deer biologist left for greener pastures - Head deer and elk biologist in Michigan.

No replacement as of yet. So, that will put the report back awhile. The deer season did not officially end until the last day in January too.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Usually a DNR proposal is adopted UNLESS there is overwhelming opposition to it, like what happened when they were wanting to reduce and move the firearm and muzzleloader deer seasons.. I don't see that here.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I think he is implying that the gun shop know that it is going to pass. I don't think the DNR is going to tell gun shops,"hey I will tell you a secret and don't tell anyone". I think gun shops are not ordering to many .44 rifles because they are banking on the chance that is more popular now to use a rifle in something other than a .44 and we have a better chance than we have ever had to be able to use a rifle for deer hunting.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not looking good, the guys down south are for it but the guys up north are against it... There was a buddy who went up north to speak in favor and got booed from the crowd.. So it looks like its 50-50 a DNR buddy told me if its 50-50 they won't pass it.. So I guess we will have to wait and see, I thought it would for sure pass..

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I will be disappointed if it does not pass. I am really looking forward to using some of my PA deer rifles here.

I see several guys selling their 44 mag rifles. They may end up regretting it

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Not looking good, the guys down south are for it but the guys up north are against it... There was a buddy who went up north to speak in favor and got booed from the crowd.. So it looks like its 50-50 a DNR buddy told me if its 50-50 they won't pass it.. So I guess we will have to wait and see, I thought it would for sure pass..
    What? Who the heck who hunts would be against this? There is NO EVIDENCE that current restrictions are any "safer" or more "sporting" then using a .30 caliber rifle.. I really was looking forward to using my Mosin this upcoming season. I hope it passes.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've been told repeatedly by the Administrative Law Judge that it is a not a matter of how many is for or against a proposal... Unless it is overwhelmingly in one direction. In other words, they do not count noses... There has been only one DNR proposals that I have seen that the NRC rejected and that was the Deer Proposition #1 where they wanted to reduce and move the firearm and muzzleloader seasons.The public feed back on that was instantly 85% against and the NRC told the DNR to "go back to the drawing board" and come back with another proposal. A former Fish and Wildlife DNR employee told me that was "unprecedented" and it hasn't happened since.

Top Bottom