• ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    ***warning*** not for those with weak constitution

Since I'm about ready to head back to work after a month off, I though I'd share a few photos of my suspected brown recluse bite

Dr.'s are not a 100% sure but they feel it is consistent with a brown recluse. I was fortunate in the fact that the bite stayed superficial and did not get into deeper layers of tissue. They believe that this bite attacked the lymphatic system. I had redness and swelling into my groin.

I posted here just to raise awareness on what an insect bite/probable spider bite can do. I spent 9 days in the hospital. A PICC line was inserted. I had additional 10 days of IV antibiotics and I'm finishing an additional 10 days of two oral antibiotics. My fever was around 99.1 to 102.6 for about a week. I will be going to the wound clinic a few more months. I will eventually be donning some fashionable compression stockings

This happened 4 weeks ago today. The MDs wanted me off an additional two weeks but I convinced them to go back on Monday.

Think about this as you chomp on some BBQ this weekend :). My leg has been compared to a well basted turkey leg ;)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10205872869398620&id=1164878593

Go to post 12 if the link isn't working

Last edited:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Baahhh come on and fix that link. I was looking forward to some morning gore.

Side note, I got a widow bite once. No necrosis like you typically get with recluse bites, but it was quite the experience.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think I'm gonna be sick.

frodo-stabbed-o.gif

Top Bottom