• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    This might seem like a weird question, but I want to ask anyway. If you were wanting to learn about wild edible and medicinal plants on YouTube, what kind of things would you want to know about them? Would you want identification and information on uses only, or would you also like to know how to add them to your normal diet and medicine regimen? I.E. recipes preparing them as food and medicine.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd definitely be more interested in identification with just a list of uses, particularly if it is centered on Indiana-based plants. Once you acquire the plant, it usually isn't hard to search and find existing web pages/videos on how to prepare them.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I say I want to know everything about the plant. While it's not on Youtube, Euell Gibbons wrote some great books on the topic. The one I have is Stalking the Wild Asparagus.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Okay so definitely identification which is one of the most important aspects because I've asked a few people personally and most said identification as well. I really appreciate the input guys, Thanks!

Agarbers that is a really good book on the subject from what I hear. You might also look into: The Peterson field guides to eastern and central north america, there is one for edible and medicinal plants; Edible wild plants by John Kallas, as well as the foragers harvest by Samuel Thayer. These books cover identification, uses, even nutritional information in some cases.

Top Bottom