• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'm looking to get 3, maybe 4 trail cameras for my land.

Hoping some INGOers might offer feedback on some reasonably priced trail cameras they have used; don't need sooper-dooper top-line 4K HD stuff but I'd prefer to not buy junk that won't last more than one season.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    We have a 720p Cuddyback we use in our yard. It works very well, extremely fast response time for photo and video... the only complaint is it has a rapid ticking buzz in videos.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Best answer I can give is first ask yourself what the chances are it will be stolen.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I had a horrible CS experience with cuddeback, so I wouldnt give $10 for one of their cams. Sad to because I liked it when it worked. But they refused to help me with a diy repair for a bunrt flash tube. I asked to buy a tube, no; I asked for spec, no; but you can mail us your 5 year old cam with a $100 and we'll see if we can repair it. We have had good luck with moultrie. I have heard browning cams are pretty good. Decent models of both of these brands can be had for around a $100 if you watch for sales.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    STEALTH Cameras..... I swear by them, Some will say Moultrie, Browning, Bushnell, etc. but I have always had the best luck with Stealth cameras. Amazon constantly has sales on them. The image of a turkey below is on my Stealth STC-G42NG model just taken this month. I also own other Stealth models like the lower cost STC-P12. I have sent back other more expensive brands because they don't take as clear as photos as my Stealths. Night photos and videos are great as well. Best quality for a low price in my opinion.

3-12 at 0943AM(3) - Tom on Trail 3.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    STEALTH Cameras..... I swear by them, Some will say Moultrie, Browning, Bushnell, etc. but I have always had the best luck with Stealth cameras. Amazon constantly has sales on them. The image of a turkey below is on my Stealth STC-G42NG model just taken this month. I also own other Stealth models like the lower cost STC-P12. I have sent back other more expensive brands because they don't take as clear as photos as my Stealths. Night photos and videos are great as well. Best quality for a low price in my opinion.

View attachment 46172

This is the model we have...now have five of them with the two new ones I bought last week and my warranty exchange arriving a couple of days ago. Their customer service was very good on the one that I had to return. I did pay the postage to send it back, but the day they got it, they sent a replacement out to me at their expense. I got a new camera for the $7 it cost me to return the one that was eating batteries.

Mine are outside in all weather 24/7 year round. Lithium batteries last about 6 months.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I have a cheap Wild Game Innovations camera on my feeder behind the house. It is out there year round and I have not had a single issue with it the 4 years it has been out. It takes probably 40 pictures a week. Trigger speed is a little slow as I get "parts" of deer if they walk by within a few feet of the camera. If they are at the feeder which is about 20' away, pictures are fine, day or night.

Dirty Steve

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I own four Bushnell Trail Cam's from Wally World @ $60 ea. They work well and I have used them for about 18 months. Batteries, 4 aa last about 6 months. Takes single or triple stills & 30 second videos. I use the stills, so can't say much about the video feature. Securing them with my extra glock cable locks and two eye bolts is easy. SDHC can be 2, 4, 8 or 32GB. Simple photo viewer program on my computer which has a port is very easy. Range of only about 30 ft. makes placing them a little more critical. Only feature on expensive model I wish I had is the send & upload to my computer automatically. Because then you don't need to visit the camera to get the data. Try one and use it in your back yard. Works on cats, dogs, squirrels, opposums and etc. good hunting

bbucking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2016
    Monroe County
    I know that your probably looking more for affordable options, but if your really looking for the professional type trail cam I recommend the spartan trail cams that use ATT service. I work for a hunting company and we use these cameras exclusively because they will send live motion detected photos to your phone or email that allow you to stay out of the area for weeks on the batteries. I can't say enough about these cameras but they do run anywhere from 300 to 500 dollars.

Top Bottom