• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Family went camping this past weekend(we melted mostly) and we took our 2 new tents(we replaced our 5 yr old one after last season). The tent my wife and I bought for us was too small. Barely bigger than a queen air bed. We needed more room plus I like being able to stand in the tent and move around some. We need

So we're looking for a 7-9 person tent to get the floor area we need....plus, our daughter is only 11, so she may sleep in the same tent sporadically with us. Our old tent was big enough for a queen air mattress and a twin...with room to spare.

Any suggestions? In boy scouts we used Eureka tents...but large tents don't seem to be their foray..plus they are pretty pricey for something we use 1-2X a year. I'm open though.

Looking for brand/model suggestions of what works well for those on the forum.

Thanks,

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like you might want to look into a multi-room tent. Lots of them out there in a wide variety of styles. You can get decent ones at your local Walmart or even a sporting goods store. Doesn't sound like you're back packing, so size shouldn't really be your issue. I've been in a number of multi-rooms and they're great, size wise and comfort wise. Here's a Google link with MANY listed. Find one you like. Not all of them are expensive and some are downright cheap for the size.

https://www.google.com/search?q=multi+room+tent&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    We use to tent camp exclusively when the kids were younger. It became easier to buy a cheap popup to continue with camping. Nowadays,with the extra cost of "state approved" fire wood,camping fees,I'll stay in a Motel!

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I scored a Kelty 6 man tent on 50% clearance from dicks just after labor day. $100 instead of $200. Kelty is quality stuff like eureka and i was shocked to see it at dicks.

It's 6 foot in the center.

It's a 2 pole tent so it sets up in 5 minutes. I highly recommend them. I'm sure that they make a model you will like.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    We use to tent camp exclusively when the kids were younger. It became easier to buy a cheap popup to continue with camping. Nowadays,with the extra cost of "state approved" fire wood,camping fees,I'll stay in a Motel!

+1 on the hotel. It is myself, my wife and our two teenage girls so long hikes to the restroom and all the costs of camping anymore I would rather spend the extra $20.00 and get a hotel. Now I know it is not the same as camping but to be honest I am not getting any younger and sleeping on the ground wrecks my back. Oh and I don't have to worry about loosing a toe to a snake when I go to the bathroom.

I know....OFF TOPIC!.....sorry.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    We have the older heavier version of the coleman instant tent. Personally I prefer a tarp or hammock but when the whole family is going this has worked really well. 2 weeks out West for the National parks and various state parks over the years. Two weeks ago, I met my family at Oubache state park and my wife had the tent already set up. She said it took her 5m. [video=youtube;7uEBtlcAFrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEBtlcAFrQ[/video]

Top Bottom