• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I saw some nice Couger tracks today in Lawrence county while searching for Indian artifacts. The land owner has given me permission to set up trail cameras. Do you think I should try to "bait" it, or just set them up where I spotted the tracks and hope it travels along the same route? By the looks of the tracks, it is a BIG cat, and yes, I know the difference between dog, coyote, and cat tracks. I'll try to go back tomorrow for some pictures.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    I saw some nice Couger tracks today in Lawrence county while searching for Indian artifacts. The land owner has given me permission to set up trail cameras. Do you think I should try to "bait" it, or just set them up where I spotted the tracks and hope it travels along the same route? By the looks of the tracks, it is a BIG cat, and yes, I know the difference between dog, coyote, and cat tracks. I'll try to go back tomorrow for some pictures.

Big cats are pretty nomadic especially one over here. It is unlikely it would use the same trail. I am interested tho because they need a lot of food to sustain someone would have to come across a kill site somewhere

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I'd think a deer carcass would help.. any arrowheads? That's what I want to know.

Today I just found a scraper and this hand tool with a chipped edge:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/4874c7169fe713aa871f4534641c2c0d.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

But, here are some that I have found in the last month:

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn115/kkrad_photo/ec4e30bde76eb75e8107fe25ecdd3b00.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Last edited:

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    We found cougar tracks in an area we hunt around Bainbridge.

We were never able to catch it on a cam, but they are definitely in Indiana.

Good luck!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    We found cougar tracks a year ago in the ravine behind our cabin in Parke Co. Neighbor had a cast set and took a cast and pictures and sent to his buddy at DNR. DNR confirmed it was a BIG cat.

memphis_125

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    I keep hearing people talk about a cougar around Owen County but haven't ever seen one. I'm in the woods a ton during turkey and deer seasons but would love to see one! Just not up close or in the dark walking to my stand. :D

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    any pic's?......i'm on the southeastern side Greene county about 5 1/2 miles as the crows flys from Lawrence county line and my neighbor has a pic of one a 1/4 mile from me...

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    1cca7e5ea947075daafd8a0fd74816e6.jpg

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I keep hearing people talk about a cougar around Owen County but haven't ever seen one. I'm in the woods a ton during turkey and deer seasons but would love to see one! Just not up close or in the dark walking to my stand. :D

Memphis - I know a guy who lives in Owen county who has seen it in his backyard. He lives back in the woods in a cabin and said he pulled his truck up to his cabin one night and the light lit up his back yard and he saw it. He has chickens and goats penned up in a small clearing that connects to the woods.

Said he was sure it was a cougar based on the size of the tail, he is familiar with bobcats. Said it just sundered off into the woods in no hurry.

He lives in the far SE corner of Owen almost to the Greene county border. The closest place I know to his house is Whitehall Indiana but you continue going west on 43 through Whitehall and it curves until you get to Freeman. He is back in the hills around Freeman.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is some tracks being made...I got these from a trail cam I used to have set up near the entrance at Jim Porter's in Louisville before it closed...Time stamp puts it around Happy Hour on a Friday...

2E1F9E3600000578-0-Squidgy_Ladies_were_sinking_into_the_mud_in_their_heels_left_whi-a-13_1446772347278.jpg

Here is one that just missed her prey and is heading off to the woods to sulk...

amy_adams_and_matthew_goode_in_leap_year.jpg

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom