• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    2 females 1 male out of the game for good. put out 20 sets yesterday, looks like they moved hard last night. be checkin at daylight in the morning. hope we dont get more than 2" of snow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby is out now aiming for them! I have more on my cameras than I have ever seen. I had to call a neighbor last night and tell him his dog needed new batteries in his collar so he would stay home. He said he would change them ASAP and thanked me for letting him know that he had been visiting. I asked him if he has been ignoring his food dish...he's cleaned up two bait piles here in the past couple of weeks so I assume he hasn't been eating well at home.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    hope you have some more bait for the piles, coyotes should be hitting them hard now.

We have a good supply available so if the dog stays home, it should last longer. We only see him when his batteries are dead. When the neighbor is home and outside, the dog stays close by so he doesn't always realize he is wandering until we contact him. If the power is off, he also will wander a bit but usually stays home so I have no problem calling him and letting him know when I see the dog. The coyotes are on the cameras every night almost hourly so I have no idea exactly how many are wandering here. The most I see in the pictures at once is a two.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They were moving hard here too. I have over 400 pictures on one camera. There were a few in there of the deer, but most were coyotes with as many as three in the picture at once. No more pictures of the neighbor's dog so the new batteries must have solved that issue.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby spent the whole night out there (Thank God for warm hunting clothes and hand and foot warmers) in his hunting condo. At least it was worth it....got a pair...male and a female.

DSC_6985%20-%20Copy.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: Good going everybody!

I need to get after 'em myself. Walked down the drive yesterday and about 30 yards off the road it is tore up with yote tracks. Found a couple more sets running across the back yard. Oh well, maybe I'll get some time this evening.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: Good going everybody!

I need to get after 'em myself. Walked down the drive yesterday and about 30 yards off the road it is tore up with yote tracks. Found a couple more sets running across the back yard. Oh well, maybe I'll get some time this evening.

I'm seeing them on the cameras constantly and pairs or three at a time is not uncommon. I have five cameras out on the property and see them on every camera.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    tell him congrats,thoes look like some well furred prime dogs. great color.

One of our neighbors that traps just picked them up about an hour ago. He's going to tan them for us. I had a hide tanning kit here that I had bought for my son several years ago that I donated to the cause...assuming any of the stuff in the box is still okay to use. The packages all seemed intact and the instructions were there so he was pretty excited to get it. He said the new bipod really helped. I got him a Primo bipod from Cabela's for Christmas.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have the primo tripod, and I love it. It's easy to adjust and rock solid.

He had a cheaper bipod he had bought a few years ago, and the legs didn't stay locked in place. Cabela's had the primo on sale about $50 less than regular price right before Christmas so I got him that and a new electronic caller. I think I bought the old game caller about 15 years ago. It still used cassette tapes and the batteries would no longer hold a charge. The new one is so much lighter and smaller to haul out there.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Warning: Dumb city boy question to follow!

What do you do with them after you shoot them?

We having the pelts from the first two tanned and made into rugs. The rest will be sold to he fur buyer. I'm not even sure what they are paying, but we have a neighbor that traps who said he would take them in with his. We are just trying to thin out the pack...too many around here.

Top Bottom