• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I've seen the dnr recover some evidence that you wouldn't think was possible. The fact that it was GPS tracked makes finding a shooting location easy. After that, all it takes is a shell casing, game cam pic, etc to give them leads.

Sad some jackwagon decided to shoot one. I didn't realize there were only a few left.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I heard from a buddy once, that an acquaintance of his bragged to him that he dusted one from quite a distance. Who knows if the lowlife actually did it, or if he thought it was cool or funny to make the claim, we can never know. But what I DO know is this: to make the claim, true claim or not, let me know that I have no use for the idiot.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    In TEXAS they have a hunting season on them.There is more than just a few J/P has tons of them, slim eatings though, I would assume.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    The Russians are probably responsible :rolleyes:

On a more serious note the IN DNR doesvhave much more tech resources available to the than in the past. This includes drones. They have also convicted on GPS location stamps from cell phones pics. These guys & gals are a
    lot better equipped and tech savvy than most people
    think.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Russians are probably responsible :rolleyes:

On a more serious note the IN DNR doesvhave much more tech resources available to the than in the past. This includes drones. They have also convicted on GPS location stamps from cell phones pics. These guys & gals are a
    lot better equipped and tech savvy than most people
    think.
    yeah first thing you should do is turn off photo location stamps. Also leave your phone at home if you are gonna kill a crane.
    dnr are nazis seriously

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Oh god. The people who did this are screwed! They will go after them harder than if they shot up a school

Sadly, this is far from the truth. A Whooper was shot in 2013 in Greene County, and despite the DNR investigating and putting up a $5000 reward, the perp was never caught. Another was shot in 2012, and the perp took a plea to avoid a trial. He paid a $5000 fine, was put on probation for 3 years, and had to do community service hours at Goose Pond – basically a slap on the wrist.

Indiana has seen five Whooping Cranes shot now – one each in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Overall, that's equivalent to 5% of the entire Eastern population, which generally numbers around 100 birds in any given year.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Hunters despise poachers, particularly poachers who get their jollies killing a critically endangered species.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This isn't about hunting, or even poaching (which is usually defined as the illegal taking of game animals)... this is just idiots engaged in wanton destruction.

Yessir
    It's the same kind of worthless people who spray-paint or rip natural geological landmarks.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Indiana has seen five Whooping Cranes shot now – one each in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2016. Overall, that's equivalent to 5% of the entire Eastern population, which generally numbers around 100 birds in any given year.

i was gonna say, I know I had seen other threads. Why would you want to shoot that kind of bird anyway.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    i was gonna say, I know I had seen other threads. Why would you want to shoot that kind of bird anyway.

A good friend of mine once spoke these simple words of wisdom: "Just someone who ain't got nothin' and wants to share it with everybody."

Top Bottom