• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I am already planning vacation days for this year, I was looking at the calendar and the last DNR regulations, it looks as if firearms season will start on November 18th. In the book it says that Indiana firearms season starts the first Saturday after Veterans Day. Veterans Day is November 11 this year so the next Saturday is the 18th. Is this correct?

Disposable84

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    Palmyra
    That's the way I read it as well. It says subject to change but that may just be a cover their but type thing.

Regulations has it post 12 through 27. But I would go with the 18th being opening day. Maybe we will have some colder weather this year. Fingers crossed.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Wow......as long as I can remember opening day for firearm has always been the second Saturday of November. The 18th makes it pretty late and even further from prime rut activity.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Unless they have changed, my bet would be the 18th. I think it was 2000 when my dad messed up on his vacation. He always took the first week of gun season off. That year Veteran's Day was on the 11th and season began the 18th. That's when he found out the rule of the first Saturday AFTER Veteran's Day.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Firearms season for White-tailed deer in Indiana is always the full week before Thanksgiving, and the week of Thanksgiving week, covering two weeks and three weekends, but always, Thanksgiving week is the second week.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Firearms season for White-tailed deer in Indiana is always the full week before Thanksgiving, and the week of Thanksgiving week, covering two weeks and three weekends, but always, Thanksgiving week is the second week.

Sorry but this is wrong.
    2006, 2007, 2012, 2017, 2018 all had or will have Thanksgiving weekend in the middle of deer firearm season.
    (Thanksgiving week is the First week)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    It is the 2nd Saturday ................of full weeks in Nov.
    So for 2017...............the 18th.
    Don't blame the bowhunters...........blame the calendar.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom