• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I just got an owl call for locating turkeys and it seems awfully "buzzy". I have listened to youtube videos of the call in action and I don't hee that same buzz when they do it, so I assume i'm doing something wrong. I am making a sound chamber with my hands and it does sound like the owl call, except for the buzz.
    Any ideas?
    My crow call does the same thing.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I just got an owl call for locating turkeys and it seems awfully "buzzy". I have listened to youtube videos of the call in action and I don't hee that same buzz when they do it, so I assume i'm doing something wrong. I am making a sound chamber with my hands and it does sound like the owl call, except for the buzz.
    Any ideas?
    My crow call does the same thing.

If you are looking for a top notch locator call, you need a Darrell Gibson crow call. When I was building my Turkey Gun another INGO member turned me on to the Old Gobbler - Online Turkey Hunting Forum Community site to learn everyting Turkey Hunting. It is a very cool site where the guys really enjoy helping out one another. Most of the custom call makers are also members in the site and participate. I learned about locator calls and kept reading about Darrel Gibson and how perfect his hand made calls are. Finally decided to buy one and was able to get his contact info and call him. I spent about 2 hours on the phone talking to him and getting tips on crow hunting and locating.

His call is a dream. I can step outside my garage and call and in no time I hear the crows screaming back and flying around looking for me. His number is 828-287-9277.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Be careful using any kind of calls. You cause the toms to go silent pretty quickly. They catch on quicker than you would imagine, and especially when the novices are driving down county roads and stopping every quarter mile to try to get birds to gobble. Locator calls are really unnecessary, because when the time is right, hot toms will gobble at ANYTHING. Train whistles, crows, even the sound of a truck door slamming. Just use reason and restraint if you go out using a locator call.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Your probably just blowing into the calls. My father in law makes crow calls and is able to call crows in all the time. He taught me not to blow into the call with your mouth but rather huff into it with my chest sort of like a grunt. When I do it well, I can get crows to come in looking for a fight. They seem really pissed off. Otherwise it has that duck quack sound (to me that is what it sort of sounds like) and I can still get crows to come in but supposedly the sound Im making is more like a very young crow. Just keep practicing by trying different methods of blowing into the call.

Good Luck

Top Bottom