• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Just me personally, I would never even have a buck measured. I have a strong dislike for what the trophy guys have caused deer hunting to become. I will never judge or ridicule anyone because of whatever deer they take legally and ethically. Not so much with a great many of the trophy dudes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just me personally, I would never even have a buck measured. I have a strong dislike for what the trophy guys have caused deer hunting to become. I will never judge or ridicule anyone because of whatever deer they take legally and ethically. Not so much with a great many of the trophy dudes.

Yeah, you've stated as much repeatedly. I don't know who you choose to hang out with but I've met far bigger douche nozzles with the "kill em all" attitude than I have those who are selective on what they kill. The hunting industry and the deer herd in Indiana (and many other states) wouldn't be where it is today if it weren't for us evil trophy hunters. I'm sure the food plots and minerals my partner and I have spent a few thousand dollars and countless hours working on have been truly detrimental to the deer and deer hunting in general. The four deer we've killed in four years off of our farm between the two of us has clearly almost destroyed everything.

You've stated your dislike for trophy hunters yet you've posted a picture of a nice buck you've had mounted and you've mentioned getting buck fever if a big one walks out. There seems to be a bit of a contradiction going on there. Pricks are pricks and anyone who would have something negative to say about another person's legally taken animal is certainly a prick. Being a prick is not a prerequisite for hunting big bucks and in my experience, most of the time they are mutually exclusive.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    Yeah, you've stated as much repeatedly. I don't know who you choose to hang out with but I've met far bigger douche nozzles with the "kill em all" attitude than I have those who are selective on what they kill. The hunting industry and the deer herd in Indiana (and many other states) wouldn't be where it is today if it weren't for us evil trophy hunters. I'm sure the food plots and minerals my partner and I have spent a few thousand dollars and countless hours working on have been truly detrimental to the deer and deer hunting in general. The four deer we've killed in four years off of our farm between the two of us has clearly almost destroyed everything.

You've stated your dislike for trophy hunters yet you've posted a picture of a nice buck you've had mounted and you've mentioned getting buck fever if a big one walks out. There seems to be a bit of a contradiction going on there. Pricks are pricks and anyone who would have something negative to say about another person's legally taken animal is certainly a prick. Being a prick is not a prerequisite for hunting big bucks and in my experience, most of the time they are mutually exclusive.

Well said...+1 :yesway:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

I must have hit a nerve based on your anger and nasty attitude. You`re lacking in reading comprehension as well, I never denounced a trophy guy for only killing trophy bucks, only for chastising others for killing bucks the trophy guys believe to be "inferior". And there`s no contradiction in my 10-point mount, or having had buck fever, because I don`t kill only trophy bucks, I don`t belittle others for whatever they`re happy to kill. Oh, and I don`t claim that I`m the personal savior of the Indiana buck herd because I plant a food plot to attempt to pull in yet another trophy racked buck. The trophy guys brought Indiana the OBR, which is ludicrous, and seem to feel that they own the herd, and they know what`s best for not only the herd, but for other hunters. The name calling is pretty cheesy too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I must have hit a nerve based on your anger and nasty attitude. You`re lacking in reading comprehension as well, I never denounced a trophy guy for only killing trophy bucks, only for chastising others for killing bucks the trophy guys believe to be "inferior". And there`s no contradiction in my 10-point mount, or having had buck fever, because I don`t kill only trophy bucks, I don`t belittle others for whatever they`re happy to kill. Oh, and I don`t claim that I`m the personal savior of the Indiana buck herd because I plant a food plot to attempt to pull in yet another trophy racked buck. The trophy guys brought Indiana the OBR, which is ludicrous, and seem to feel that they own the herd, and they know what`s best for not only the herd, but for other hunters. The name calling is pretty cheesy too.

My nasty attitude? Had it not been for yours toward trophy hunters I can assure you I wouldn't have remembered your past comments about it. You did strike a nerve as you're acting like the very people you claim to have disdain for, that's called hypocrisy. I never claimed to be the savior of the Indiana buck herd, my statements were made to contradict your ludicrous belief that people who hunt big bucks have somehow damaged deer hunting. You won't find comments from me on here or anywhere else slinging crap at meat hunters, you can't say the same about how I choose to enjoy hunting. As always you're free to believe whatever nonsense you choose to in spite of how ridiculous, misinformed and hypocritical it is. Good luck this fall.

BTW....if you're a meat hunter, why does it matter what sex the deer is you kill? I don't particularly care for the one buck rule and had no hand in getting it onto the books. I'd like to see it go away though it would be a rarity for me to take a second buck in a year. Must be how I damage hunting.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I have had a few bucks mounted over the years. But I have never had one officially measured. I am not going to pass on a big buck if I have not taken one yet but I don't pass on 100" deer either if I have a shot. Some people look down on someone who doesn't just shoot a deer that is 180", I am happy for those who take those deer I am pretty equally happy for someone who takes a 100" or smaller deer if they are happy they shot it. I get pretty excited when kids take deer because I know how excited I was when I first started hunting deer. I still have to settle myself down even when I shoot a doe. My trophies may not be the same as someone else's trophy but I am cool with that.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have had a few bucks mounted over the years. But I have never had one officially measured. I am not going to pass on a big buck if I have not taken one yet but I don't pass on 100" deer either if I have a shot. Some people look down on someone who doesn't just shoot a deer that is 180", I am happy for those who take those deer I am pretty equally happy for someone who takes a 100" or smaller deer if they are happy they shot it. I get pretty excited when kids take deer because I know how excited I was when I first started hunting deer. I still have to settle myself down even when I shoot a doe. My trophies may not be the same as someone else's trophy but I am cool with that.

:yesway:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

Spot on!

Top Bottom