• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm planning a 3-day trip from Morgan Monroe HQ south later this spring (late April/early May). Anyone want to join me?

Day 1: 13.9mi, ends at Foxes Den Shelter, west and a little north of Beanblossom out in the middle of nowhere.
    Elevation:
    d1.jpg

Day 2: 14.3mi, ends on the north side of Yellowwood Lake Campground, northwest of Nashville, north of a town called Belmont between Nashville and Bloomington
    Elevation:
    d2.jpg

Day 3: 11.2mi, ends at Crooked Creek Church, south of Nashville off of 46 if you’re going to Bloomington. Add 4 miles to this if we decide to head all the way to the southern terminus and back to the church parking lot.
    Elevation:
    d3.jpg

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    My health has been steadily getting better. I'll keep my physical therapy appointments and if I won't slow you down I would love to go. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know ahead of time.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    If there are takers, I'll start putting together a less nebulous plan. I'm planning on a Friday thru Sunday trip, north to south.

Farmerdan - I'm anticipating 6-8hrs a day on the trail, no early starts and no late nights. Figure 2mph plus breaks. If you're up for it by then, you're more than welcome.

Richwon - I can't say exactly, beyond what I've already said. We're building a new house and we close in April, plus my anniversary is 4/29. All of my bp gear is all packed up and in storage, right now. Once I know the close date, I can start to pin down weekends.

Kittyslayer - I would call this intermediate, but that's me. It'll be easier than my trips down the grand canyon, but 13miles a day through southern Indiana isn't what I'd call an easy walk in the woods.

Here's the Hoosier Hikers Council page on the trial, there's a PDF guide linked somewhere on there that's good reading... Tecumseh Trail | Hoosier Hikers Council

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Last weekend I drove to the 3 end of day locations, checking cell service.

Day 1 - Decent service near the church camp, probably better up on the ridge where the shelter is
    Day 2 - Spotty/Sketchy at the lake itself, but the trail comes down off the ridge just north of the lake, maybe 1/2 mile. Should be reasonable service there.
    Day 3 - Zero coverage where the trail spits out onto Crooked Creek road and at the parking area where the trail heads off to the terminus. Things might be better up on the ridges, but can't say for certain. Service improved as I went North from the parking area towards 46/Nashville.

Top Bottom