• ...and so much more!
  • Meena

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    There were several bunches going over Trafalgar area Saturday morning. Seems a little early but I love seeing them. My father would always stop what he was doing outside when he heard them flying over and say he knew spring was close. I do the same now.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Heard them today in Carmel. It really does signal the beginning of spring. Unmistakeable sound. Didn't see them but didn't have optics or the time to pick them out in the sky.

Was driving to a fishing hole in Wisconsin last June and came across a male, female and juvenile in the road. We slowed way down as we came up on them, they moved to the side of the road and then the male made a bluff attack on the truck as the female and baby ran off into the field. He must've felt pretty good about himself as we drove off as he performed a second bluff attack.

Last edited:

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Just had flights of hundreds of cranes fly over Carmel, they circled for a time before they headed off north again. I didn't realize they flew so quickly until watching them move off.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Still waiting to hear them myself. Love the sound and trying to find them in the sky. Maybe this weekend as we will be outside more. We did hear our first spring peepers last night - in February - have never heard them this early. What a beautiful clear night sky it was and boy was Venus bright!

Top Bottom