• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Well, last night while in the kitchen, mixing up some of my squeezed lemonade (oh yeah!), I glanced up and spotted a Cooper's hawk on a kill not twenty yards away in the next door neighbor's yard.
    I took my camera to the back door to get a much better angle on him, but I couldn't get any stills of him because the autofocus was defeated by me shooting through the glass because I didn't want to spook the hawk off of his hard-won meal, so I switched over to video mode, which worked pretty well.
    We were unsure about exactly what species he had killed, but we speculated that it could be a Mourning dove.
    Either way, he was clearly one hungry hawk.

[video=youtube;DUhgEQwBcjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUhgEQwBcjQ[/video]

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm glad we're seeing more of these now. Great video.

FYI, that's about what I looked like eating the jerky you gave me. Num num num....

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have had them here for quite a while. My son knocked one off of the back of one of my hens several years ago. I was impressed that it was going after something that was so much bigger than it was. I have also had them fly into my front door when chasing other birds off of my feeders. They hunt the feeders in the back yard pretty regularly. I have two redtails that are currently hunting the brush piles out back that are home to lots of smaller birds and bunnies.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Cool video. I don't see a ton of Cooper's hawks. Lots of red tails, and almost every day to and from work I see northern harriers making strafing runs across some meadow land near work.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Looks like they do a good job of plucking!

Wonder if you could raise some and have a mobile plucking service? Pull up the trailer.....let the chickens walk in and when you enter 10 min later....plucked chickens!

Maybe missing a wing or two.......I know when ever I fry chicken the wings never seem to make it to the table???.....I have no idea where they go?

Top Bottom