• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwalls

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Bargersville
    I was wondering if any of you guys or gals have heard of any turkey shoots going on anywhere in Indiana? I went to a couple of them about 3 or 4 years ago and would love to get back into it. If anyone has any leads that would help a lot! Thanks!!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Think I heard of a turkey doing a drive by.... I think it was over some one slingin gravey on his turf.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just joined Sand Creek Conservation Club last month and I know they still host turkey shoots. Not sure of the dates yet and don't know the details since I have never shot still board. The club is located south of Columbus IN. When I get more details I will try to remember to post them here.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    I was wondering if any of you guys or gals have heard of any turkey shoots going on anywhere in Indiana? I went to a couple of them about 3 or 4 years ago and would love to get back into it. If anyone has any leads that would help a lot! Thanks!!

Shriners at Elkhart Moose Lodge 9/12-13 & 9/19-20

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    During the fall months there are several ham shoots where you can also get turkey. These shoots are located in southern indiana in counties such as dubois, spencer, and perry coutnies. One popular one is at the Birdseye Convservation club in Birdseye Indiana. Then there are the closed matches held on fridays nights in the fall. Hope this helps.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    5 Points Conservation Club usually holds a couple in the fall. Not sure of the dates, but the club and range is on 5 Points Road, junst North of its intersection with Thompson Rd, in Franklin Twp.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    A club will hold a shoot as a fund raiser. You use a 12 shotgun. You get one shot at your board. They provide you with the shell that you will use. A board is something that you put a + on. You pay your $2.50 - 3 for one shot. The yardage is about 30-35 yards. You shoot against 9-14 other people and the person that gets the closest to the + wins for that round. One winner per round. When you win you get a turkey, or in all the ones in the southwestern part of the state you get a ham or the $20. Your choice. It is the hillbilly form of gambling. Churchs even hold these as their fund raisers. St. Isadore in Bristol Indiana in Perry county and St. Martins Church in Siberia in Perry County (I think it is perry county?). Siberia's is the second Sunday (or maybe the first) in November I think.

Top Bottom