• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Okay INGOers, if you have been in the Gunsmithing forum at all in the last few months (and considering you are here so you probably have), then you know about the AK building party that just happened. Many INGOers know a lot about AKs but not much about how to build them. I'm starting a series about AK building. This is not a series to show off elite skills in AK building (I have experience but I am not a machinist) but explain the tools and process in how I build AKs. Every builder will have their own method so remember that.

I am going to record every step of my AMD-65 build and my Romanian RPK. This will be a slow process but I hope it will help new builders understand what to do at build parties.

And yes, I suck at talking to a camera. First and only video so far discusses flat benders.

The Playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6GXjpXMzbRLoFarttLJdg4zz9Yxp0HED

[video=youtube;0qdOrsu9_tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qdOrsu9_tk[/video]

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Working on a new video that should release tomorrow. Here's a preview of the final result.

attachment.php

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am eager to see the rail welding! if you want one to practice with I'll bring mine down ;) Feel free to use it!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    The flat bending video is still compressing. It will be uploaded in the morning. Rail welding will be in the next few videos. Kit checklist is next.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I'm in on this one. I own a fabrication shop and this would make a nice winter project over a couple slow days.

Top Bottom