• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Anyone have any experience putting together a FAL?
    I might know where I can pick up a barreled receiver, would just need a lower with a LPK and stock.
    I see a few different ones on-line, which ones are good and what do I need to stay away from?

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    What are you starting with? Do you have any pieces at all? If youre looking for receivers, stay away from any marked Hesse. If you find anything assembled by Century, make sure the receiver says Imbel.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have nothing yet. I don't know what the barreled receiver is, as I don't have it and have not inspected it yet.
    I'm just kicking around the idea... I might just build another AR, then I wont have to start buying another style mag.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    Falfiles.com is a good place to start your research.
    The barreled receiver is a good start as it is typically the most expensive component. Beyond that the other items can be found for next to nothing as long as you stay away from new stuff.
    As stated above, not all upper receivers are created equal.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    You probably gathered this already, but on a real the upper does a lot as far as keeping parts where they should be. As stated above, Hesse has a terrible reputation. I have an inch kit sitting around that I hope to build one day. the trick is to find a decently priced receiver.... When the time comes I'll probably get one from DSA. I don't have the funds now, but I'd be very interested in a build party sometime if someone has the tools! Never done one, but don't seem terrible to assemble.

Top Bottom