• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I am going to give Cerakote a try this weekend. I have used Duracoat before with good results, but that has been on AR's. I will be Cerakoting a Remington 700 build that I am working on. Here is the question...

I have the action, recoil lug, and barrel assembled. The head spacing is good. I rented the go/no go gauges, and they have to be shipped back tomorrow. So even though the headspace should be ok now if I disassemble, Cerakote, and reassemble, I am hesitant to do this as I would really want to recheck head space upon reassembly. So, would it be a bad decision just to leave it all together and Cerakote it? I don't plan on taking it apart again for a very long time. If I ever did decide to take it apart, I would plan on sandblasting and coating again. In the past, with AR's, I have completely disassembled them before coating, so leaving it together just seems odd to me.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    it is fine to leave it all together but you should really soak it in acetone and bake it before sand blasting to get any oils out of around the barrel lug

Top Bottom