• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hi everyone. So I picked up 2 projects that I have been looking for for a very long time. I got an FN Mauser action chambered in 35 Whelen and a hacked up Enfield No 4 MK1. The Enfield had a barrel that was shortened to 18" but the bore looks ok. I can salvage the gun as a good shooter but I discovered today that it blows headspace with a SAAMI field gauge. I have been looking for a longer bolt head on the internet and those that advertise them seem to be out of stock (Numrichs, sarco, etc.) Does anyone on here have a spare Enfield No4 bolt head? Mine measures .630 from bolt face to shoulder but I cant see what number is marked on it. I think it has been rubbed off. I think Im looking for a long number 1 or a number 2. Either way, I can probably go a good .010 longer than what I currently have. Anybody?

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    A Mauser in 35 Whelen sounds FREAKIN AWESOME!....

Sorry I cant help with the bolt....just had to express my excitement for you.

God bless and Good luck
    -Shred

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Lol yeah, It will be, once I get it complete. I plan on making the Whelen into the hunting rifle Ive always wanted thats good, depending on load, for anything in North America. In in GA now and it reminds me a lot of northern MI (where Ive spent a great deal of time). The shots arent particularly long and its easier to get big slugs to shoot out of any barrel than it is the little screamers. Plus, Im looking to cast for both these rigs. The Whelen is going to have an exhibition grade walnut stock, a double set trigger, a Lyman rear sight, a ramped, hooded front sight, and steel buttplate and grip cap. The Enfield has an aperture ladder rear so I think Im just gonna make that one into an iron sight carbine sporter with walnut and gloss black Cerakote (barrel is already chopped to 18").

Top Bottom