• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Testing a new build, loads fine, shoot the first shot fine. On the follow up shot, the trigger feels locked and will not release the hammer. If I cycle the safety, if will fire the follow up shot. I did this repeatedly. Fire, turn the safety on, then off and it fires. If I don't cycle the safety, the trigger will not release the hammer. I took it apart and everything works fine without the upper on.

This is not my first build but it is the first one that I have had this problem. Ideas?

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Testing a new build, loads fine, shoot the first shot fine. On the follow up shot, the trigger feels locked and will not release the hammer. If I cycle the safety, if will fire the follow up shot. I did this repeatedly. Fire, turn the safety on, then off and it fires. If I don't cycle the safety, the trigger will not release the hammer. I took it apart and everything works fine without the upper on.

This is not my first build but it is the first one that I have had this problem. Ideas?

Disconnector?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When you pull the bolt back for the follow up are you ejecting a spent or a unspent round or no round??

Check the gas block alignment. Look the gas key on the BCG. Check alignment.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The disconnector isn't releasing until he puts it on safe (safety moving trigger, which moves the disconnector).
    Check all springs for correct orientation.

OP says it fires, and loads OK, but trigger is jacked. Safety engage/disengage makes it operational.

If it is as claimed, then that's not hammer follow, as the gun goes boom on the second round, without manual bolt manipulation.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Hook eye, you summed it up well. Thank you.

The disconnector isn't releasing until he puts it on safe (safety moving trigger, which moves the disconnector).
    Check all springs for correct orientation.

OP says it fires, and loads OK, but trigger is jacked. Safety engage/disengage makes it operational.

If it is as claimed, then that's not hammer follow, as the gun goes boom on the second round, without manual bolt manipulation.

i tore it apart tonight. Everything is correct. Not able to test fire, but I cycled the hammer a numbe of times taking care not to let the hammer fall on the mag well of the lower. Once or twice, I was able to replicate the problem. I found by pushing the trigger forward, I would feel it give slightly and then it would cycle normal. I think at this time, I am going to try and replace the disconnect and hammer as that is here it appears to bind. Anyone else think of something I may be missing?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Hook eye, you summed it up well. Thank you.

i tore it apart tonight. Everything is correct. Not able to test fire, but I cycled the hammer a numbe of times taking care not to let the hammer fall on the mag well of the lower. Once or twice, I was able to replicate the problem. I found by pushing the trigger forward, I would feel it give slightly and then it would cycle normal. I think at this time, I am going to try and replace the disconnect and hammer as that is here it appears to bind. Anyone else think of something I may be missing?

Look at the link in post #4, that's what mine was doing. I had the trigger spring upside down.

Top Bottom