• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Over the years I have amassed several extra buffers and springs from various AR stocks that have been changed out with newer tacticool models. So, being the less than conscientious person that I am, I neglected to mark or tag what platforms they came from. Look at the picture and tell me if it makes any difference. All of the stocks were for milspec carbine Ar's. Can they all be used interchangeably? I don't know if I even need them any longer, except to maybe correct a rifle problem that might arise.

Here is the url. I can't upload it as I keep getting file is too large. It's only 500k in size.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/gunworks321/buffer_zpsbdoodze9.jpg

chipperej

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Boone County Indiana
    Can't tell the spring length from the photo, but they all look like standard AR15 springs. You could count the coils and measure the length to make sure. The buffers look to be standard carbine-length buffers. Look to see if any are marked, like "T2", or "H", etc. You could weigh them to determine if they are "H", "H2", or what ever. Here is a chart that has some good info on buffers and springs.
    Slash's Heavy Buffers | Reference

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the chart! None of the buffers have any markings and all the buffers are the approximate 3.0 ounce (postal scale) size and none are heavy enough for rifle.. Of the springs, only one comes close to rifle length, but it probably is still carbine. The rest, while they vary in length slightly, all seem be to carbine. Very handy chart.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Top Bottom