• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm building a M16A1 clone and finally Green Mountain has barrels in stock. I can do the rest of the build but I am at a loss as I lack the tooling and jig necessary to install the FSB from my parts kit onto the new barrel. Is there anyone near the Fort Wayne area that can do this for me and how much would this service set me back? I'd like to get quotes before I blow the money and it end up costing more in the long run than just buying from a different source. There are other venders who sell a barrel with the FSB already mounted but none of them are in stock currently. I've been waiting for stuff to come in stock now for like 5 months and if this is the route I need to take then this is it.

Second question is: Aren't A1 barrels supposed to be grey? The GM barrel is black and I think it'd look silly but I'm more interested in authenticity (Minus Markings) so if it's standard I won't cry but if it isn't standard than I hope to find a Smith who can also park it the right color. Cost for the park job???

Top Bottom