• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Advanced Weapons Systems in Greenwood is doing an AK build class. I did not see it posted here yet.

Details are on their FB page (https://www.facebook.com/awsfirearms/)

Also pasted below:

For all those interested, our February build class will take place on February 11-12. We started with 5 open seats and we are now down to maybe 1 or 2 left.
    The class is $1000. $500 of that must be paid 2 weeks prior to the class, and the rest is due at the end of the class. You must be able to pass a background check. We will provide the receiver, parts kit, and barrel. You are responsible for providing accessories and furniture.

This course covers drilling and pinning the barrel assembly, riveting, headspace, and final assembly. Your rifle will be "unfinished" or unpainted, and we will offer cerakote at a reduced price to participants interested.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I've never seen these guys before. I hope they'll come to the next build party. I'd love to talk with them about how they do their builds. Polish kits are very nice. If someone from INGO goes to the class, please report back with an AAR. You can never learn enough about AK building.

I really wish I had a kiln too :(

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I've never seen these guys before. I hope they'll come to the next build party. I'd love to talk with them about how they do their builds. Polish kits are very nice. If someone from INGO goes to the class, please report back with an AAR. You can never learn enough about AK building.

I really wish I had a kiln too :(

They currently have my Hungarian DDI rifle that has had several issues. Sent it back to DDI once, and now AWS has it. They've been pretty great to talk to, and have found/corrected a few issues I personally would have never caught.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    This is on par or cheaper than other similar classes I've seen.

I hope for the money people are at least getting matching kits and a good quality receiver and barrel. Ideally at least an NDS receiver or similar, and a good quality barrel. I would hope for a real polish barrel, but I know that's not happening since they cost $170 ;)

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I'm sure it would be a good time but with the price of kits/rifles i can think of other things id like more (cough cough Kalashnikov USA 9mm)
    But then again if it was something cool like a East german akm, yugo m76, galil, ect... i might say otherwise still id like to see at least a trigger group and muzzle device included in the price. What's a G2 and slant break running these days cant be much?

Top Bottom