• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    A few months back I found a Para at a pawn shop for two hundred dollars. It was ugly and was in a advanced tech heavy plastic stock. It also had some kind of detachable scope mount on it held on by a screw through the receiver cover. It was missing the wood hand guard cover and the original ten round mag It was also spray painted brown even all the metal.

First thing I did was get it out of that stock and sprayed brake cleaner on all the metal and cleaned off all the metal. I found a nice unnumered wood stock,and wood hand guard cover, which had to be sanded to fit. The metal cross bolt had to be also ground down a little with a dremel so the rifle would fit. I also bought a Red Bird receiver cover pin, and a ten round mag , and got them on.

I got it finished today, and Im really happy with the way it turn out, Im just glad the blue on the rifle wasnt hurt.
    Its been a nice little winter project, and I only got another eighty dollars in it, and it looks original again.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Thank you Steel Core, I have a bad heart, and cant get out much in this cold weather. Friday I did get out to the West Side Sportsman Club, and fired ten rounds through the rifle ,and it grouped well at twenty five yards. So now I have it looking good, and shooting good, so Im happy. As soon as someone comes over that can take pictures for me , I will see if I can get it posted. What am I suppose to check the classifieds for?

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Yes at one time it was a standard triangle 26, 1964 SKS rifle, that was shorten, and then shipped here to the USA.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Sounds like a standard para, except for the stock. Stock stocks are available on auction sites and classified sections of the various gun boards.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I dont know why the cross bolt had to be ground to let the rifle to fit. It was a unused stock , it could be the rifle has a long barrel collar, and the stock was mADE FOR a pin barrel.

Top Bottom