• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I've got a 1911 llama commander size with lots of rounds through it. It has developed a wear spot where the bushing lug rides in the groove of the slide. The bushing is cocked causing it to rub the barrel and you have to tap the slide to chamber a round. Anyone have an idea of how this could be fixed?

image hosting 30 mb

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got a 1911 llama commander size with lots of rounds through it. It has developed a wear spot where the bushing lug rides in the groove of the slide. The bushing is cocked causing it to rub the barrel and you have to tap the slide to chamber a round. Anyone have an idea of how this could be fixed?

image hosting 30 mb

Man that is a rough one. Might be done. The metallurgy on those pieces is not an industry standard. Stop shooting it.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No good suggestions here either. Cost to repair would exceed value of the gun

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    AllenM is your best chance of fixing that gun, if his advice is to not attempt fixing it, that should tell you something right there. My advice would be to apply any money you might be willing to spend on fixing that LLama towards a better offering, even ATI or Rock Island are better made than LLama. And I don't say that to offend or belittle you, I have owned and worked on a Llama before, they aren't worth investing any money into. They are a very poorly made and designed copy of the 1911. Do yourself a favor and upgrade. Make that thing a wall hanger.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Just a thought here.... Have you tried contacting LLAMA on this?
    It looks to be DOA to me but I don't see how it will hurt to contact the manufacturer on it. Hey, It could work

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That would almost be a sign of the barrel bush being loose and hammering at the slide. To much clearance.

I would set that one aside. See if you can find an old slide that someone is willing to sell. If it will fit up on your frame you might be back in the game.
    I am not sure how Llama specs out with the rest of the civilized world but that would be an option.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Thanks you kind gents for your replies. Does anyone make a bushing thats got an offset lug? or threaded instead of a lug? I am looking for a contact number for Llama. Might hang this one on the wall but nothing else wrong with the gun, just gradually started cycling slower. I remember a time we used to fix things, not throwaway and buy new...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks you kind gents for your replies. Does anyone make a bushing thats got an offset lug? or threaded instead of a lug? I am looking for a contact number for Llama. Might hang this one on the wall but nothing else wrong with the gun, just gradually started cycling slower. I remember a time we used to fix things, not throwaway and buy new...

No to you questions or none I am aware of.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope you fix it, but... It might not be accurate at all with everything you're going to need to do.

I hate throwing things away also, but sometimes you just gotta let go.

Example: My garage goes through this every year. Make space by throwing out stuff, later regret I needed some of that stuff, let stuff accumulate again. Repeat.

I don't like supporting gun buybacks, but it's an option to get at least something for it. Weld it. Make it inoperable, or divvy up the parts and sell to another llama owner.

If you can see if the OD of the barrel matches the CZ97b, you might be able to make its bushing work in your llama. Best of luck.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    The easiest fix would be to install a bull barrel and reverse recoil plug. If you look around on ebay and the like you may find a cheap barrel. I just don't know how Llama barrel specs compare to typical 1911

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope you fix it, but... It might not be accurate at all with everything you're going to need to do.

I hate throwing things away also, but sometimes you just gotta let go.

Example: My garage goes through this every year. Make space by throwing out stuff, later regret I needed some of that stuff, let stuff accumulate again. Repeat.

I don't like supporting gun buybacks, but it's an option to get at least something for it. Weld it. Make it inoperable, or divvy up the parts and sell to another llama owner.

If you can see if the OD of the barrel matches the CZ97b, you might be able to make its bushing work in your llama. Best of luck.

The CZ has to be close as my CZ97 CopperHead has a 1911 style bushing. I have not measured it up to see if it specs out.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Or this just hit me. Me or somebody could add a bushing to your existing barrel and be done. Relatively Low cost fix

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    It would no longer need the lug groove. Basically convert your barrel to a bull barrel and install a reverse recoil plug and full length guide rod.
    Chances are I have everything you need in a used parts bin

It is a bit of labor, cost would be roughly 125.00

Just a thought

Top Bottom