• ...and so much more!
  • rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    The issue:
    Ruger P89DC factory grips are very smooth and slick. I wanted more of a rubber grip feel.

ruger_p89dc2.jpg

I did not want any of the aftermarket slipover grips as they all seem to be very large and I really like the way the gun fits my hand.

I found a srayable rubber auto underbody coating made by GUNK and removed the factory grips from the gun. I masked off the important parts to keep a proper fit.
    Sprayed both grips lightly with one coat and after drying I was amazed that I had the exact desired result with very little coast and no prep to the surface whatsoever. I was also pleasantly surprised that the Ruger logo and name stand tall under this application.

IMAG0250.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

A $7.00 investment into the spray product and I couldn't be happier with the look and feel of my new factory rubber grips on my Ruger P89DC.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Nice job!

The Hogue grips with finger grooves are very nice as well. They run $24.

7ee024b7.jpg

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Good idea. I put pachmayrs on my P85 for the same reason and it made the grip much wider than I like.
    I'm going to try this. Keep an eye out in the classifieds for a nice set of Pachmayrs for a Ruger P series. Cheap!

Thanks!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Looks good. Can't wait to try it out. I am interested as well to see about the durability but you can't beat the cost if it lasts. Thanks for sharing.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    That looks pretty grippy, I am interested in doing this to my edc, kahr mk9, I would like the grips to have just a little more texture/rubber grip feel.

Have you had the gun out shooting yet?

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Very nice job. I'm also curious about the durability. This idea could have all kinds of uses. Everything from long guns to knives to tools, etc. if it holds up.

Thats what i was thinking, lotsa different uses depending on durability:rockwoot:

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    I have not had it out to the range yet. I have handled it several times and see no signs of wear so far. I figured if it will hols up under an automobile it should hold up on the gun. I too started thinking of what else I might be able make this application on.

Top Bottom