Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shooter

1911 100th year anniversary

what do you think manufacturers will be up to for the 1911? anything at all?

Look at the 2011. I do think there will be some "Anniversary" editions, but I dont think it will be as played up as it should. Its hard to think it is 100 years old and really hasnt changed much. That is an amazing feat.

I do kind of want to get a 2011 or some sort of Anniversary gun. I think it would have potential to be a collectible piece in 50 years or so. An interesting gun to pass down to the next generation.
    Have questions about Bitcoins? Want to buy Bitoins from someone in Indiana? Send me a PM!

Oh Yeah
    Last edited by bwframe; 01-02-2011 at 02:06.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Watch Ruger.

The 2011 model number is already in use and has been for quite a few years, STI named their double stack model that a long time ago.
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

There is already a 100 year anniversary gun on gunbroker and as of last night it was up to $82,000 plus. I haven't looked at it today I think it was what colt had at the shot show like a prototype for this year so I guess it would be number 1. Apparently there is a whole lot of people with more money than me because last time I looked 176 people were bidding on it. I also think ruger will release one this year they are suppose to be releasing a new pistol on there websight today or tommorrow so keep your eyes open.

Go N. by N.E. return S. by S.W. to same location.
    Kimber > Products > Centennial Edition

Kimbers is only $4,352.00. But there are only 250 being made. So if were going to do a group buy we better get on it.

Livin' in the sticks!!!! ghitch75's Avatar
    Colt put 1 out.....would have to sell my house and land for this!!!!

Factory Engraved 100th Anniversary Colt 1911 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    "I got a shotgun,rifle and 4 wheel drive and country boy can survive!!!"

It would sure be nice if someone came out with one that wasn't in limited numbers. I think it would be fun to have a commemorative centennial 1911, but I don't want to shell out huge bucks for it. I am not looking for an "investment gun".

Plinker
    Kimber appears to have the nicest offering I've seen so far.

It saddens me greatly that the originator of the brand is doing what appears to be a p#$$ poor job of commemorating it's 100th ann.

Their website has a fancy, engraved, ivory gripped, Sam Colt scrimshawed, single edition that will probably sell at auction for a gazillion dollars (http://www.coltsmfg.com/Portals/0/pa...escription.pdf) which actually looks pretty nice, but again, they are only making one of them, then they have the currently available for bidding on Gunbroker monstrosity (IMO) that is already up to $82k or so (Factory Engraved 100th Anniversary Colt 1911 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com), and lastly some sort of very plain jane looking 1911 with cheesy gold script that honestly looks like it rolled out of the Franklin Mint with a set of Princess Diana commemorative china plates (http://www.coltsmfg.com/Portals/0/panels/Colt-100.pdf).

I sure hope they come up with something better, otherwise, a plain old 2011 edition of something may just be the best overall option.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast