• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Price looks decent, not great but decent. I like the safety on em, plus DAO for a 9mm in that size you don't see them like that.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I like my P-11. The best safety is keeping my finger out of the trigger guard unless, and untill I shoot...looks like a knock off of the Kel-Tec...again

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I like my P-11. The best safety is keeping my finger out of the trigger guard unless, and untill I shoot...looks like a knock off of the Kel-Tec...again

Yeah, I guess the owner is an old Kel-Tec engineer, but this would make a better purse gun than the Kel-Tec.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like a decent gun. I think the first generation of these got a lot of rough reviews, though...I'd be wary of them until we see them hitting the streets and get some good reviews.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Used to be SKYY now SCCY.
    The CPX1 was hit and miss. I have one of the first 700 made and I was lucky, works flawlessly. Others I know havent had such luck. For a first gun I would not recommend it, but if someone already has a few handguns and is willing to take a chance then go for it. I think I paid around $230 for mine several years ago, but I already had several handguns and knew it was a gamble and I wasnt too worried.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Has anyone ever shot one? Sounds like all hear say....

DAO with a VERY hard trigger pull. If someone were to practice with it often enough it would not be too bad. Me, I am used to Glock triggers so I tend to jerk the gun off target a bit by the time I am done pulling the hard trigger all the way back. Packs a little bit of a snap for a 9mm in my opinion but nothing horrible. Only problem I have is that sometimes I engage the safety by accident in between shots.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    DAO with a VERY hard trigger pull. If someone were to practice with it often enough it would not be too bad. Me, I am used to Glock triggers so I tend to jerk the gun off target a bit by the time I am done pulling the hard trigger all the way back. Packs a little bit of a snap for a 9mm in my opinion but nothing horrible. Only problem I have is that sometimes I engage the safety by accident in between shots.

Out of habit or during a motion?

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

The Kel-Tec has a bit of a snap too, but thats just the design and weight.

The dealer that asked me to post it is selling them $20 over cost, so my best guess is they will be about $310 after shipping and everything... but I am just guessing.

I figure a local dealer might have them around that cost too, if not this guy might be a good contact. He sells me stuff all the time, I picked up a M&P MP7 tactical light a cheapy M&P tactical pen and one of the Rebel 210 lights for less than $100... Gander Sells a branded version of the Rebel 210 for $50 so I got it all at wholesale, he is a great guy too.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I came very close to buying a CPX-1, but held off. Looked at the CPX-2's when they came out, but still wasn't sure. KS&E in NE Indy had several for $229, but when I went in to look the KT PF-9 caught my eye and was only $30 more. I have heard both good and not so good stories about the SCCY's but I think if your looking for a small gun like that for under $300 I would stick with the Kel-Tecs. After several hundred rounds thru my PF-9 I am glad I didn't get the SCCY.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I came very close to buying a CPX-1, but held off. Looked at the CPX-2's when they came out, but still wasn't sure. KS&E in NE Indy had several for $229, but when I went in to look the KT PF-9 caught my eye and was only $30 more. I have heard both good and not so good stories about the SCCY's but I think if your looking for a small gun like that for under $300 I would stick with the Kel-Tecs. After several hundred rounds thru my PF-9 I am glad I didn't get the SCCY.

$229 is good... here is the letter from the manufacturer...

The new Second Generation CPX series pistols offer the highest level of safety, performance and
    reliability.

Current Dealer Pricing:
    • 1-5 guns at $245.00 each
    • 6 guns at $240.00 each

Since they are direct to dealer, I have to ask if those were used?

Honestly, it's not really a concern for me I just got all this information and seeing them that cheap made me wonder.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Unless the price is a little lower I don't see these taking off. There are so many good options for a small 9mm now for right around $300 that most shooters aren't going to take a chance with a newer manufacturer that had issues in the past. Hopefully this second gen version will be better and they can build off of that. I like to see new firearm manufacturers out there. The smaller companies tend to offer unique firearms.

Top Bottom