Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hickok rocks! But if you find a good deal on a gen4 get it, if you find a good deal on a gen3 get it. But it ultimately comes down to which one YOU like! Don't let us decide what to buy for you! lol
    Navy Midshipman

Somewhere i read on the interwebz doing some searchin that the gen 4 grip texture isnt as rough as a gen 3 rtf? I have a gen 3 g19 and g23 with the rtf grip texture. I love the texture when its in my hand and shooting it. Not a fan of it while carrying IWB.

Going to Midwest this weekend to buy a 27, i guess ill see what they have in stock. Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated!

The Gen 4's do have a pretty rough texture. Its not enough to turn me off to them, but I do notice it sometimes when I lean my gun up against something while its in the IWB, or if I turn/twist the wrong way. Doesn't hurt or anything....just reminds me that its there.
    Contact your representatives: make sure they vote NO to further gun control!
    Find My Representative

No shops locally have a gen4, nor do the expect to have any anytime soon. Did find a new gen3 for $475, cheaper than the other shops for $499

Personally for me I prefer the Gen3. I just cannot get past that huge mag release. The extra backs traps form me, are meaningless. The Gen3 Glock 27 fits best as is. As far as that whole extra mag thing goes, your paying for it. It's not free.
    Is it Friday yet?

I with those saying get them both in front of you and then decide what you like (including price as a factor if you so choose). I have a gen3 26 and it suits me just fine. I've handled gen4 and there was nothing - in my personal preference - that made me say "wow, I've got to trade up!".

I am a smaller guy and CC with the 26 brings no size issue at all. I do not know if that would be different for a gen4 27 as I haven't tried.

Personally i like the gen 4. The gen 4s fit my hand a little better. Id just check them both out and see which feels better. As for the rough texture, i wear an undershirt everyday so its not an issue. Just check what feels right for you.

gen 3, dont fix what aint broke!

The Gen4 frames are not as aggressively textured as the RTF frames. I prefer the ever so slightly smaller frame of a Gen4 over a Gen3. The larger mag release and the fact that it can be switched to the right side for a left handed shooter is a nice option as well.

I have a Gen4 G23 that I bought a month ago and so far I like it better than the Gen3 pistols I've been carrying for years.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Plinker
    I have a gen 3 27, my wife has a gen 4 26. They are a horse a piece! Get the best price and have fun with either one. Both have a captured spring recoil rod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast