Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ruger Mark II Slab Side

I had a buddy call me this week saying his father had a Ruger MKII for sale. I told him i may be interested in it and called his father. He told me it was a blued 5.5" MKII target slab side with red dot scope he had bought from a friend but never fired it.

I've done a little searching online, but cant seem to find much on this model and i can't find a blued slab side MKII in my blue book. He told me he thought it was a dealer exclusive. My question is this model hard to come by? Also is there much of an accuracy advantage on a 6 7/8" barrel over the 5.5? This is going to be a plinker/squirrel pistol.

Those are great little guns. If you can get a good price, you won't be disappointed.
    Confidence doesn't equal competence.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier45 View Post
    Those are great little guns. If you can get a good price, you won't be disappointed.
    He wants $300 for the package, i am really wanting stainless but for that price i am very interested. He is retired from the army, and takes very good care of his firearms. He told me he would put it around 95%.

I would be all over that for $300.
    Confidence doesn't equal competence.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

The only 5.5'' slab side in blue that I know of is a Lipsey model, but I think they only made those for the Mark III series. You should be able tell it's a Lipsey if it has a gold trigger.

Edit: Here's the Mark II
    Ruger Mark II Deluxe 22 LR 5.5" Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Dargasonus View Post
    The only 5.5'' slab side in blue that I know of is a Lipsey model, but I think they only made those for the Mark III series. You should be able tell it's a Lipsey if it has a gold trigger.
    I haven't seen it, i'm going to look at it this thursday or friday. I'm 99% sure it's coming home with me.

at $300, it's a good deal whether or not, but would be cool if it was a Lipsey

Dealer Exclusive

It is definately a dealer exclusive. Ruger only produced the MKII slabside in a 6 7/8 stainless barrel that showed up in the catalogs.. But it came with 1 of 2 different scope mounting options. The one you are going to look at should have had a special set of grips also. They would be slightly different than what the factory guns came with.
    2 to the chest and 1 above the vest

Quote Originally Posted by Dargasonus View Post
    at $300, it's a good deal whether or not, but would be cool if it was a Lipsey

I just called his son and he told me that the trigger isn't gold so it's not a Lipsey but he is bringing it over to the house tonight for me to look at. No box and only one mag, but i still think it's well worth the money as long as it's in the shape he says its in.

Mags are still readily available

The MKII mags are still readily available at a reasonable cost. If I remember right I think that variation might have the fiber optic front sight on it.
    2 to the chest and 1 above the vest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast