• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I wanted to thank everyone for all the suggestions for various concealed carry personal protection handguns, but I've run into a problem.

I live in Anderson, and most of the gun stores within a reasonable distance of me aren't much help. They either don't have the guns in stock, or don't carry the gun(s), don't have a range on site to let me try and fire, or the gun I want to fire isn't on their "rental" list. I've tried several with little or no luck. Most of them can't seem to answer my questions either (I think they're disinterested in answering my questions on a gun they don't have, and/or won't get).

So again, I turn to you guys.

What's the difference (if any) between a Bersa Firestorm, and a Bersa Thunder .380? No one seems to have a Thunder .380 and a Thunder .380 Plus in stock for me to feel the difference. What's the difference in price and availability of accessories for these 3 guns (holsters, magazines, etc.). I also have several questions about several Taurus handguns (700 and 800 series), but I'm running out of lunch hour.

Does anyone know where I could find some answers to these questions and/or be able to get these guns in my hand side-by-side? Especially if I could fire these guns? I'm a member of the Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, so I have a place to fire them if someone on here would be willing to let me try their handguns.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Sounds like the difference between the firestorm and the thunder are nearly negligible since both have interchangeable parts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What's the difference between the Taurus Millennium 111bp-12 and the Millennium 111BP? As far as I can tell they're identical except for their capacity's (12+1 vs 10+1). Is that just a higher capacity magazine? They're the same specs and even same price. Could you use the magazines interchangeably? Is there a .22 LR conversion kit for the Taurus 809BC?

If/When I have more questions (and I'm sure I will), I'll be sure to ask them.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Man, it's too bad you didn't ask this question a couple of weeks ago. IMO the 1500 gun show is about the best place to do a side by side on about any gun you would want.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    What's the difference between the Taurus Millennium 111bp-12 and the Millennium 111BP? As far as I can tell they're identical except for their capacity's (12+1 vs 10+1). Is that just a higher capacity magazine? They're the same specs and even same price. Could you use the magazines interchangeably?
    If/When I have more questions (and I'm sure I will), I'll be sure to ask them.
    You are correct concerning the capacity difference. No, the mags will not interchange.
    Also check this:
    Taurus Offers Popular 800 Series Handgun in a New .22 LR Version

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    You are correct concerning the capacity difference. No, the mags will not interchange.
    Also check this:
    Taurus Offers Popular 800 Series Handgun in a New .22 LR Version

That's too bad about the mags. I guess then that the mags and the mag wells for the two guns are different?

Thanks for the link to that article unfortunately it doesn't actually answer my question because... Although the article does say "Taurus also offers an 800 Series Conversion Kit that quickly and easily changes any 800 Series to fire the .22 LR round." The 809B is a medium frame handgun and you can buy the 80922b to buy the kit for that gun. The 809BC is the compact version of the medium frame gun, and although I can't confirm that the kit will or will not work on the compact gun, I can't seem to find a kit made specifically for the compact.

I just got off the phone with customer service and they said that they have stopped manufacturing (or will stop) .22 conversion kits, and said nothing of the conversion kit working on either the 809 medium frame or the 809 compact frame... Not convinced customer service knew what they were talking about.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bought a Bersa Thunder for my wife based an many positive recommendations. She did not like it. I did not like it. Too many sharp edges for our taste. Have fired several Kel-Tecs. Again, supposed to be good pistols, but did not work for us.

I went with Beretta Cheetah and wife went with Beretta 21A. Fit our hands better.

Top Bottom