• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I just got back from picking up my new Kahr CM9. I took some pics of it next to my Ruger LC9 for comparison. The LC9 holds 7 rounds in the mag and the Kahr holds 6.

1236281068_K6N8P-L.jpg

1236280493_gysLp-L.jpg

1236280672_whqMJ-L.jpg

1236280587_SAH5V-L.jpg

1236280486_KDXeb-L.jpg

The Kahr lacks the LC9's magazine safety, loaded chamber indicator, horrific double action pull, and is smaller plus fits my hand much better. I much prefer the features (or lack thereof) of the Kahr 9mm pistol over the LC9. If the Kahr runs 100% with my defensive ammo, the LC9 will be retired.

I'll post a full range review hopefully this weekend.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Both are nice looking guns! The Kahr overall looks pretty sick...almost intimidating without it pointing at the bad guy. If the LC9 gets retired I would love to be the first in line to buy it!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Cool! I was thinking about picking up an LC9 just to see how it compared to my PM9. Thanks to ur thread, looks like I'm gonna save a couple hundred bucks :rockwoot:

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I think you meant it's a PM9 if I'm not mistaken(which I often am)
    I have a Kahr CW9 which is marginally bigger than the PM9 and holds 1 more round in the mag. It shoots great and is easily concealable. Kahr recommends a 200 round "break in" for all of there firearms before carrying. I have heard of some having malfunctions during break in but I did not experience any. I have put about 400 through mine without a single malfunction.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I think you meant it's a PM9 if I'm not mistaken(which I often am)
    I have a Kahr CW9 which is marginally bigger than the PM9 and holds 1 more round in the mag. It shoots great and is easily concealable. Kahr recommends a 200 round "break in" for all of there firearms before carrying. I have heard of some having malfunctions during break in but I did not experience any. I have put about 400 through mine without a single malfunction.

Kahr came out with a "CM9". It's the same size of a PM9 with features similar to the CW9. You get a PM9 with a price tag closer to that of a CW9. If they were out when I picked up my PM9, I would picked up the CM9 in a heartbeat!

I read that too. I had problems with my PM9 feeding certain self defense rounds during the break in period. However, I was trying to feed it anything and everything trying to see if it would jam up.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Is the mag on the Kahr pushed in all the way or does it protrude out a little like that? Not a deal breaker but just curious. I love my PM9 and I read up on the manufacturing differences between the PM9 and the CM9 and I'm willing to bet they will not feel that different at the range either.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would be more than willing to meet and have each other get a chance to shoot my PM9 and your CM9 and get a range report for the 2. That would be fun. I'm north of Indy, in Westfield area.

EDIT I just saw your YouTube channel, awesome!...you are a pro at this so you probably don't need my assistance (Backing away slowly with look of being intimidated).

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Kahr came out with a "CM9". It's the same size of a PM9 with features similar to the CW9. You get a PM9 with a price tag closer to that of a CW9. If they were out when I picked up my PM9, I would picked up the CM9 in a heartbeat!

I read that too. I had problems with my PM9 feeding certain self defense rounds during the break in period. However, I was trying to feed it anything and everything trying to see if it would jam up.

:facepalm: Thanks for correcting me, I wasn't aware of the CM9. I always learn new stuff on here.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I'm a lefty... if the LC9 had come out with an ambi-safety I would have had one by now. Perhaps it worked out for the better. I am looking for a subcompact. CM9 looks nice. Congrats.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm a lefty... if the LC9 had come out with an ambi-safety I would have had one by now. Perhaps it worked out for the better. I am looking for a subcompact. CM9 looks nice. Congrats.

No one says that you have to USE the safety... It'll stay "off" just fine!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Is the mag on the Kahr pushed in all the way or does it protrude out a little like that? Not a deal breaker but just curious. I love my PM9 and I read up on the manufacturing differences between the PM9 and the CM9 and I'm willing to bet they will not feel that different at the range either.
    It's locked in all the way, it does stick out just a little.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    No one says that you have to USE the safety... It'll stay "off" just fine!

I disagree with this philosophy. The safety can be knocked on in a pocket, at least the one on my LC9 can be. You can inadvertently engage it. Either way, since it's there it's advisable to practice as though it's always engaged vs. practicing as if it doesn't exist. The latter may save your life and the former may endanger it.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I would be more than willing to meet and have each other get a chance to shoot my PM9 and your CM9 and get a range report for the 2. That would be fun. I'm north of Indy, in Westfield area.

EDIT I just saw your YouTube channel, awesome!...you are a pro at this so you probably don't need my assistance (Backing away slowly with look of being intimidated).
    I'm up in the Valparaiso area, about 2.5 hours north of Indy. I'm always willing to meet fellow INGO'ers for some range time.

I'm a guy with a YouTube channel and an opinion, that doesn't make me an expert. :)

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I think I'll be picking up the Kahr. I can live w/o the 'p' series features. Looks great, particularly the size & price.
    The loaded chamber indicator on the LC9 is just ridiculous.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I just got back from picking up my new Kahr CM9. I took some pics of it next to my Ruger LC9 for comparison. The LC9 holds 7 rounds in the mag and the Kahr holds 6.

The Kahr lacks the LC9's magazine safety, loaded chamber indicator, horrific double action pull, and is smaller plus fits my hand much better. I much prefer the features (or lack thereof) of the Kahr 9mm pistol over the LC9. If the Kahr runs 100% with my defensive ammo, the LC9 will be retired.

I'll post a full range review hopefully this weekend.

Think you'll be doing a video anytime soon comparing them or any other subcompact/pocket pistols? I'd like to see a Kimber Solo thrown in with those two!

Top Bottom