• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmtbug21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Johnson County
    I keep looking and saying I am going to try something other than a 1911. When I go to the gun shop and say ok, let me hold that sig, hk, xd, etc. I get it in my hand and say, damn this is ugly, it feels weird, i dont like the safety, they make that out of plastic?, how many pounds is the DA trigger pull?, what does that extra button do? Then, I catch myself wandering back to the 1911 side of the gun case. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have any ideas to fix my addiction(not sure if I want to)?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I keep looking and saying I am going to try something other than a 1911. When I go to the gun shop and say ok, let me hold that sig, hk, xd, etc. I get it in my hand and say, damn this is ugly, it feels weird, i dont like the safety, they make that out of plastic?, how many pounds is the DA trigger pull?, what does that extra button do? Then, I catch myself wandering back to the 1911 side of the gun case. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody have any ideas to fix my addiction(not sure if I want to)?

You have been spoiled by the "B E S T" gun ever made, The 1911:rockwoot:Just keep buy other name brand 1911 & keep a COLLECTION:twocents:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Although I carry multiple handguns, 1911 and otherwise, I have to agree with you that the only one that feels like it belongs in my hand is the 1911.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    1911n addiction is not unlike a fever. A fever whose only cure is more 1911s.

128784336076797019.jpg

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I agree

You have been spoiled by the "B E S T" gun ever made, The 1911:rockwoot:Just keep buy other name brand 1911 & keep a COLLECTION:twocents:

So correct. I love my 1911's. I occasionally peruse other models and always seem to come back to my trusty 1911. Go with what works...the time tested and proven reliability of the 1911. Also helps that it is the most beautiful pistol ever manufactured.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Time tested and battle proven.

Don't get me wrong I like both my Beretta 92 pistols but I love my 1911s and would not trade one of them for a case of Beretta 92s. I'm sure the 92 does well and is reliable but it does not have the following of the 1911. Try not to think of it as an addiction but an eye for quality, fit and function. I often say I don't have room in my safe for another gun until they come out with a new copy or rendition of Mr Browning's masterpiece.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I feel the same. Not that I have owned thousands of hand guns or anything, but out of the hand full of them that I have owned, I could count on two hands, 3 of them have been 1911's and I currently still own two of them. BUT I have to admit, I really like smith wheel guns and am currently tring to sell a 1911 to be able to buy one. Although the wheel gun just won't fill the shoe that the 1911 will leave behind, I want one anyway. And in my defense, the wheel gun will still be a .45 acp. The 1911 is easily the most attractive automatic handgun to look at.

Nothing against GLOCK, just using as an example, your Glock might be tested and proven to be a verry verry realiable shooting weapon, but my 1911 is proven just as realiable, and looks 1000 times better doing it. :)

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pick up one of the early commercial models sometime, the fit and fine detail in the metal checkering are great.:)

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    You do have an addiction. You have successfully taken the first step in breaking that addiction, which is recognition of the problem. Now, you need to seperate yourself from the things before it is too late. I would be willing to help remove the 1911s from your easy use and keep them for you. Because I do not have a problem... :)

Top Bottom