• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy a Hi Point if they looked much better?

• Total voters

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    .....if they had a different look to them?

Say they came out as the same price. I think the 9mm's are about $160 new before tax :dunno: Everything would be ezactly the same about them, except the cosmetics. Say they looked similar to an M&P, SR9, or even an S&W Sigma Series. Would you change your mind about them?

What I'm wanting to find out is, are the ugly looks the only thing from keeping this company from being a great contender in the firearm world? And if so, someone needs to write them a letter and let them know their s*** is nasty looking :laugh:

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Nope,had a .40...thing jammed least once or twice every clip. Not to mention heavy as hell. On the other hand....they would prob do more business if they had diff look

VaqueroEM

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    South side of Indy
    I have one of the 45's I bought from someone for $100. I put around 150 rounds through it and it jammed 5 or 6 times on me. Heavy and ugly but very cheap. YMMV on the jamming. I would not buy one for protection as the just are not reliable enough to depend on. But just to plink with would be fine I suppose.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ill admit I have one of the C9's I keep it in my truck. Its been a very reliable gun everytime I have shoot it. Like every one else, yes they are as awkward as a barn door, but it does go bang every time I have pulled the trigger. I only paid a 100 bucks for it, so Im happy with mine

Last edited:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Good question OP. I'd never really thought about it, but the looks of them has kept me from even paying attention to anything else about the handguns. Never even picked one up at a show.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Good question OP. I'd never really thought about it, but the looks of them has kept me from even paying attention to anything else about the handguns. Never even picked one up at a show.

I must of got a good one. Mine is yet to jam on me a single time, and I've put around 500 rnds through it. If there were only one thing I couldn't stand about the gun, its the look. Thats why I was thinking I wish they would re-do the pistol, to make it look less "space-age" :):

I really enjoy everything about the gun except the looks. Here's hoping they change them someday.....(crosses fingers) :)

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Yes, only because the new style Might make them FEEL better in my hand. If it felt good I might get a 9mm one for my wife. They seem to be good cheap guns for people who don't shoot a lot and that sounds like her.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    If they had a different look but made from the same materials? Hellllllll no. I'd rather walk around with a magnifying glass and bullets on a sunny day.

I'm guessing you own one and have had bad expeiences with it??

And what is yours made from? :dunno: Mine is solid as a rock. Literally

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    There are too many other cheap guns out there that at least try to imitate a quality firearm, Highpoint would have to seriously step up the product and keep their price in the same ball park before I would consider looking at one. Fugly, heavy, and even more brick-like than a 1st gen glock, on top of their hit or miss reputation, and the fact that I own paintball guns that are made of better quality materials, not much to praise there.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I answered yes before reading the question. I have a 380 and have shot a friend's c9. I have never had a problem with mne or his. I have however had a double feed and fte with my G19 at the same time. So I guess I trust my Hi Point more than my Glock! Now there's a sig line for you. Another Hi Point plus vs the G 19 is my wife shoots the Hi Point much more accurately.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I'd rather walk around with a magnifying glass and bullets on a sunny day.

Just picturing this in my mind...awesome!

On to the post - yes, I would buy one. For the price, it would be a gun to play around with. A gun that I would entrust with my life? No. A gun that is dirt cheap to plink around with? Yes.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I own one of the carbines and I really like the looks.

The pistol does have a big lacking in style, but I would buy one when I get some extra cash (maybe next month)

Top Bottom