Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

Gen 2 vs. Gen 3 Glock 23

I will be purchasing a Glock 23 in the next few days and would like some info on the differences between Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glocks. I know about the cosmetic differences like the accessory rail and raised finger spacers, but I want to know if there is any mechanical differences that would sway my decision either way. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Gentleman in the street.... jd4320t's Avatar
    As far as I know there aren't any mechanical differences.

Quote Originally Posted by jd4320t View Post
    As far as I know there aren't any mechanical differences.

The only genration with a mechanical difference is the 4th gen. It will have a dual recoil spring and the mag release can be switched to the left side. If I was buying another G23 I would get the 4th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by magic man View Post

The only genration with a mechanical difference is the 4th gen. It will have a dual recoil spring and the mag release can be switched to the left side. If I was buying another G23 I would get the 4th gen.
    Whatever! Gen2 FOREVER!

Whatever! Gen2 FOREVER!
    The gen4 has less recoil, a bigger mag release, better grip texture, changeable back straps, and a rail. I fail to see where the gen2 comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by magic man View Post
    The gen4 has less recoil, a bigger mag release, better grip texture, changeable back straps, and a rail. I fail to see where the gen2 comes out ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood21 View Post
    I will be purchasing a Glock 23 in the next few days and would like some info on the differences between Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glocks. I know about the cosmetic differences like the accessory rail and raised finger spacers, but I want to know if there is any mechanical differences that would sway my decision either way. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Just personal prefference really. I like the Gen 2 the best. Excellent choice on the G23 by the way!!

The best feature I see on the Gen 4 is for leftys since they can switch the mag release to the other side. Other than that I do not see the need for the updates on the Gen 4. For me the Gen 4 mag release is way too big, and I do not need interchangeable backstraps. Just my .
    Like I said though it is just personal prefference so go with what works best for you, nothing wrong with any of them.

Very nice!!!

Plinker
    Thanks to all for the quick replies! I appreciate the info. I have one more question to ask then. If I bought a Gen 2 is there a way for me to later on down the road by a Gen 3 frame if I decided I wanted one, or would that end up being an expensive/impossible thing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood21 View Post
    Thanks to all for the quick replies! I appreciate the info. I have one more question to ask then. If I bought a Gen 2 is there a way for me to later on down the road by a Gen 3 frame if I decided I wanted one, or would that end up being an expensive/impossible thing to do?
    It's possible but expensive for what you get. You would be better off to sell the Gen2 and buy a Gen3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast