• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I just added a new member to my growing gun family. My first revolver, a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum stainless with a 2 1/4" barrel. Put 50 rnds of .357 through it today and 50 rnds of .38 as well. This thing is a SWEET shooter and I have a feeling it's going to be close by for years to come. I have quickly fallen in love with it already and I'm sure it will only get better with time. Just wanted to brag a little! :D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Those Ruger revolvers rock! I had an SP101 for a short time but it was too small for me, I do love my GP100 though and my single actions. Glad you like it and they are built like tanks, last forever!! :yesway:

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    don't know how to post pics but it looks like a plain jane stock new sp101. I would like to get some wood grip inserts for it soon though. anyone know where to get some at?

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    just wanted to say thanks to Fordtough25. Got in touch with Jim who makes wood grip inserts for various ruger revolvers via his link on the ruger forum. Ordered a pair yesterday in hormigo negro wood. should be here in a week or so.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    RR- I looked at the LCR in .357 as well. nice gun. I just didn't think i wanted something so lightweight in a .357 mag. My sp101 is a hefty little gun, but the weight handles the recoil of a full power .357 pretty well. Still snappy, but very manageable.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Excellent Choice! I've had my SP101 for 15+ years, and it has been my primary carry gun when I want to discreetly CC. It is stainless, & has the stock black rubber with rosewood inserts. I keep Glaser Safety Slugs in it (about $6 per round, but worth it).

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Excellent Choice! I've had my SP101 for 15+ years, and it has been my primary carry gun when I want to discreetly CC. It is stainless, & has the stock black rubber with rosewood inserts. I keep Glaser Safety Slugs in it (about $6 per round, but worth it).

nice to hear the gun does well over time! I figured it would, it seems to be built like a tank. I'm sure the gun will be around long after I'm gone. If you don't mind me asking, how are you CC'ing your sp? I'm currently looking for a good method/holster to carry her with.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I have a fairly inexpensive leather holster I got from Fort Liberty Firearms in Avon. It is very low profile, and I generally wear it at 6:00. What I don't like about it is it has almost zero retention, and it does not hold it's shape, so it is dificult to re-holster. Not that big of a deal, because it rarely comes out of the holster. I have had it come out of the holster when I didn't want it to under an extreme condition (rolling a 4-wheeler). If you don't anticipate any kind of heavy physical action like this, a cheap holster might do. If money is not an issue, go to American Handgunner and click on the "carry options" tab, or check out their digital edition, and they show several nice holsters for $65-85.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    UPDATE WITH PICS!!!!! hey guys just a quick update. First time posting pics so if it doesn't work let me know. Had the sp101 a couple weeks and this thing is sweet! I'm falling in love with it more every time i shoot it. Fordtough- thanks again for the link to the ruger forum. I got my grips last night and installed them. Jim is a stand up guy and has a quality product for a decent price! Took me <5 min to install the grips and they fit amazingly. total cost including shipping was $38.50. I really think the wood inserts give the gun more of a soul/personality now. Anyway, here is some eye candy for you guys!
    Before:
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/jojoa55/2011-09-05_17-07-40_234.jpg
    After:
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/jojoa55/2011-09-15_23-51-58_814.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    UPDATE WITH PICS!!!!! hey guys just a quick update. First time posting pics so if it doesn't work let me know. Had the sp101 a couple weeks and this thing is sweet! I'm falling in love with it more every time i shoot it. Fordtough- thanks again for the link to the ruger forum. I got my grips last night and installed them. Jim is a stand up guy and has a quality product for a decent price! Took me <5 min to install the grips and they fit amazingly. total cost including shipping was $38.50. I really think the wood inserts give the gun more of a soul/personality now. Anyway, here is some eye candy for you guys!
    Before:
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/jojoa55/2011-09-05_17-07-40_234.jpg
    After:
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/jojoa55/2011-09-15_23-51-58_814.jpg

You're welcome and it looks great! Glad you found something you liked, grips make the look of a gun in my opinion. :yesway:

Top Bottom