• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Still looking for a good pocket gun... what about berette bu9 or walther ppk

The Beretta is WAY too new (anybody actually seen one yet?), and the PPK is WAY too heavy for true pocket carry, IMO.

In the small 9mm class, look at the Kahr CM9, PM9, or the Diamondback DB9. In the small .380 class, think Kel-Tec P3AT, Taurus 738, Ruger LCP, Kahr P380, Diamondback DB380 or SIG P238, in no particular order.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite pocket gun is my Sig P238. I've tried to carry a Bersa Thunder 380CC and a PPK but both require big pockets. The PPK is heavy for pocket carry, but it's doable. The problem is that to carry a PPK in the pocket, you need big pockets like in cargo pants. But, those big pockets also allow movement which makes a heavy pocket gun uncomfortable. The weight makes it move around a lot more than a lighter gun does.

For me, the Sig works out perfectly. It's a good reliable gun that's also a nice shooter. It fits in the pockets of most pants without flopping all over the place. It has a thumb safety which I want in a pocket gun and it's accurate for something with a barrel that's not much longer than the round it shoots.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't leave out the venerable "snubby" .38Special revolver...

An airweight J-frame is my most carried firearm.

-J-

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    yes, more specifically in basketball shorts/ sweat pants. ive got a .45 that im comfortable carrying with cargo shorts or jeans, just need something that wont pull down my colts pajama pants when im out watching the game..

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Beretta is WAY too new (anybody actually seen one yet?), and the PPK is WAY too heavy for true pocket carry, IMO.

In the small 9mm class, look at the Kahr CM9, PM9, or the Diamondback DB9. In the small .380 class, think Kel-Tec P3AT, Taurus 738, Ruger LCP, Kahr P380, Diamondback DB380 or SIG P238, in no particular order.

I would add the Ruger LC9 to that 9mm list of pocket guns.

Another option is a nice little wheel gun, the the S&W 637.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do you carry it in your pocket?

IME, J-frames are too large for pocket carry in modes of dress other than cargo pants/shorts, and the cylinder bulge makes them more difficult to conceal than a semi-auto in the same size class. YMMV.

That IS a gun in my pocket...and I AM happy to see you... :laugh:

Yes, pocket carry most of the time. In a pocket holster that masks the cylinder. Doesn't mask the bulk, obviously.

I also can't wear standard cut blue jeans. My jeans have to be "loose fit" or carpenter-style. My one pair of still-fitting non carpenter jeans, the gun & holster would fit in the pockets...but the pockets aren't deep enough!

-J-

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    Since you mentioned the PPK, have you looked at the Walther PPS? It's supposed to be like a "modern version" of the PPK. It's lighter although probably a little big bigger. I think is definitely too big for a pocket gun, but then different people have different pockets. In any case, my vote would have to go to the Kahr CM9 for its size and its quality.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I used to pocket carry a Walther PPK/S all the time in my jean front pocket in a holster from pocketholsters.com and never had a problem doing it. The only thing I had to do was make sure I bought jeans that my hands could fit all the way into (I have rather large hands, XXL glove size). If my hand would fit all the way in the PPK/S would with out a problem. Never had an issue with the weight either (I wear a good belt).

I now pocket carry a Ruger LC9 in the same still holster, and also have no problems with it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom