• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    For starters I should have labled this, more fun with the firestorm. My shooting buddy, my wife, and I spent yesterday afternoon taking turns shooting this excellent little pistol.
    I had done some extra polishing on the slide surfaces the night before. Using my trusty dremel, and polishing stick, not to remove any noticable amount of metal but just making the sliding parts, a little slicker, and removing some of the sharp edges, from the loading ramp, and edges of the slide grooves. I also gave the pistol a good cleaning, not only the normal bore, bolt face, but I removed the grips and while it was torn down for cleaning and polishing washed it out with brake cleaner, and blew it out with compressed air. There was some small metal slivers washed out, and the magazine was really dirty inside. I relubed and it was ready for more shooting.
    My buddy and I had run a few hundred rounds through it already proving it to be reliable. I wanted to see if a little polishing would help it cycle lower power ammo. I have found this pistol will give an occasional fail to fully cycle, if using lighter bullets, all 40 grain stuff works, and the Remington Tornadoes work as well as most and are a little cheaper if you find them on sale. I would say CCI 40 grain, seem to be louder so might have a slight edge on relieablity just due to a snapper feel when they are fired. I plan on trying more 40 grain stuff as I can find it.
    One unexpected side effects of all that shooting is my left forefinger and thumb are sporting a blister from reloading the magazine.
    All in all we had a great day.
    Bill...

r

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    The other minor downside to the Bersa/Firestorm 22's is the lack of availability of extra mags. Finger tips are only half as beat up if you have more than one mag loaded.

Top Bottom