• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yerbaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    My first post, so I'm really counting on you guys. . .

I would really like to buy a Ruger LC9, but have two last questions for those of you who already own one. #1. I need honest opinions (pro or con) about the long trigger pull. #2. Have you had any problems with failure-to-fire due to small bits of metal (primer?) accumulating around the firing pin?

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My friend let me borrow his lc9 for a few weeks. I didnt like it at all. :dunno:

I dont know about the firing pin thing.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I like my LC9.

It is accurate enough and fun to shoot. The long trigger pull is OK for a range gun and it will not shoot sellier and bellot ammo half the time. I didn't buy it for anything but a range toy and for that it is fine. There are way too many other options for SD or EDC. Good gun overall, easy to clean and recoil is less than I expected.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have one. You can get some good info at the following;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/164980-ruger_lc9_thoughts.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/161293-ruger_lc9_is_going_home_to_factory.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/159197-ruger_lc_9_a.html

I like my LC9 even though I've had some problems with failures to exctract. I've sent it back to Ruger to look at. I should have it back any day and will report back on whether or not they fixed the problem. Who knows, it could be I am just a chronic limp wrister.

The long trigger pull is something you have to get used to. I got used to it pretty quickly.

I know for a fact the LC9 doesn't like S&B ammunition. I think the LC9 doesn't like the S&B primers and that is causing the failures to fire. I think the metal fragments were only found when encountering primer issues like those on the S&B.

I've fired around 800 rounds of WWB with no failures to fire or metal fragments. I've also fired around 200 rounds of Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded JHP with no problems.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have shot one and seen a few at the range.

The trigger pull is log, but it is a DAO gun. The thumb safety dug into my thumb.

I seen one guys gun have light primer strikes and failure to fire. We looked at it and it had brass/metal in the hole. That was the only one I seen get plugged up.

Top Bottom